Monday, February 21, 2011

Best news ever!!

The best news EVER!!

My husband got a job! He lost his job nearly 3 years ago in June of 2008. And he went back to school. And then he wasn't doing anything. And it really sucked. And then he wasn't getting unemployment. And that really sucked. And then Wednesday he got a job interview and he went for it. And then Thursday they called him back and said we want to make you can offer can you come back on Friday? And then Friday they offered him the job!

This is HUGE! You have no idea. I mean, I was thinking of picking up another job. You cannot imagine what an enormous amount of stress this takes off of me. If you know me, like really know me, this is HUGE!!

We went out to dinner to celebrate on Friday. I had pancakes! Ha. I love pancakes. Yet, somehow I managed to still lose weight. I was down 1.6 pounds. 163.4 pounds my friends. Still amazing. A-MAY-ZING!

Saturday I went to the gym and after a mile and half that run was just not for me. So I decided to try a few other things. I did the Jacob's Ladder. HA! That did not last longer. That bad boy kicked my butt. It's HARD! WOW! I have always wanted to try it and it was tough. And then I did the bike for awhile. But it was a workout.

That night we went out shopping. Hubby wanted to get some work clothes. And I got some new dresses. Size medium. I was freaking out in the dressing room.

Sunday was a big day. Not only did I have a long run, it was 30 days until the half marathon and it was also the Daytona 500!! Woohoo!! Haha.

Here I am before my run in the car:

And then after at the gym:

It was pretty darn hot in that gym. But I did it. I was a littler slower then I wanted to be due to a few runners cramps, but it's all good my friends. Even if I do not run the whole half, I will finish it. And then I can make sure to finish the next one in October (we'll talk about that in the future, don't worry).

I then had to rush home to get myself ready for the 500!! I wore my Ryan Newman shirt, had my coffee in my Ryan Newman travel mug and settled in for 200 miles of AWESOME!! Haha. Unfortunately, my man was taken out with like 11 laps to go. He lead the most laps. He almost won his second Daytona 500. But I'm over that and happy with the results.

Also, let me just say, I got the best coffee in the world at Target on Saturday night. It's amazing. It's Strawberry Shortcake flavored and made by Dunkin' Donuts. It's so good! I love it.

I had plans to go to the gym for 4 miles today and do some weights, but thanks to the charming town plows that kept waking me up every hour, I didn't. I almost didn't run at all, but squeaked out 3 miles on my home treadmill. And was so glad for that.

I have a feeling that this is going to be an amazing week!!

12 comments:

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Congrats to the hubby! What a great relief!

Carolina John said...

Big congrats on the hubby's new job! Very cool.

Janna said...

So happy with all the great things that are happening for you...you deserve it!

Congrats on the loss and the new size and the running and the...well...the everything!

Have a great week Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your husband, that's totally amazing news. Way to go on the loss, your such an inspriration.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

congrats on the job and the WL!

Jaime said...

How exciting!! Congrats to the hubby!!

carla said...

SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!!!!

we know that stress well around here too.


MizFit

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the hubby's new job. I have been there with the unemployment. Its so hard. So glad there is a burden lifted off you guys!

Tricia said...

wooohoooo

Roxie Morrow said...

Congrats on hubby's job!! You sound very very happy indeed!
Great gym photos, it's a proud moment.

Love your blog, I'm now your newest follower!

xoxo
Roxie-Girl

Unknown said...

Congrats to your husband & your entire family!! I wish all of you the best of luck :-)

And that coffee sounds AMAZING--I love DD coffee, so I'll def have to be sure to try that one ASAP!!

Kate said...

YAY for you and your husband!!! That is so VERY exciting!!! and your good run!! you have inspired me to start running! I've never been a runner, but it is going okay so far! i am on week three of the couch to 5K program. i have noticed a little weight gain. I think i need to ramp up my food intake. do you think that could be it? I have been at lifetime for WW since January 2009 and am just now struggling to lose a pound to weigh in... only after my running began. have any suggestions?

Kate