Monday, February 7, 2011

Put your catchy title here

I haven't updated in a few days. It's only because I feel like I have nothing to talk about it. It's really the same old, same old.

I saw 166.2 pounds on the scale this week. I'm still not sure how that even happened, but I'll take it. Which means I now have 16.2 pounds to reach goal. But I think I might try to get to 140 once I hit 150 pounds. We'll see though.

I ran 6 miles on Saturday. And 7 on Sunday. And I am really paying for it today. My back is extremely sore. I was in some seriously rough shape yesterday. Better today, but not great. I haven't been to the chiropractor in awhile which I know I need to do. But here is the issue with that. It's a 30 minute drive. For a 5 minute visit. And then a 30 minute drive home. And I have an older car. She has nearly 150,000 miles on her. So I am sure you understand I don't need or want to be putting all this wear on my car. So today I am going to call them and see if they can give me someone closer to home. Like someone in town. They had said that they could when I first went there last month. I like their office and all, don't get me wrong. But it's kind of a ridiculous to drive all the way out there for 5 minutes of work. But I need it, so I have to find someone closer.

I found out there is a new gym like 2 minutes from my house. Not even. So we went and checked it out on Saturday. Really nice place. Has a pool. Classes. Things my gym doesn't have. And it's only 10 bucks more a month then my current gym. So I left there thinking I was going to join. So Sunday morning I went over there thinking I was going to join and workout. I couldn't even find a place to park. They have this doom that is all for kids and they had this regional thing going on. People were EVERYWHERE! I was so mad I just turned around and came home. I called them and the girl who answered said it was never like that but because of the regional volleyball finals (what?) that was why it was so busy. I was so upset though. I want to join and be able to take spin classes. I'm still unsure. I mean it was 10am. My current gym I can show up at 10am and not have to worry about parking.

Hopefully I'll be back running tomorrow. I need to keep it up!!

3 comments:

Polar's Mom said...

Do you go to the chiro often? I know my husband only goes every couple of months when he gets out of whack-if he had to pay it would only be like $30-is yours that cheap, too? Could you find one closer that even if you had to pay would not be a big hit? Or are you an every week kind of person? I imagine heavy running like you do is tough?

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Meg said...

I've been reading your blog for just awhile now and LOVE your outlook! Definitely an inspiration ;)

I gave you an award on my blog if you're into that thing!

http://thecottageapartment.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-got-award-and-yes-caps-lock-is.html

InWeighOverMyHead said...

congrats on your WI. :) You are soooo close to goal!