Saturday, December 22, 2012

Something

I've wanted to post about the horrible tragedy that happened here in Connecticut, but I just didn't know how.  Even today, I'm still in shock and my heart is broken.

I wanted to do something. ANYTHING to help Sandy Hook.

So I signed up for this:

Sandy Hook Elementary Memorial Virtual Half and 5K.

It may not be a lot but it's something and I know it's something I can do.

Of course I signed up for the half and I haven't run over 5 miles since Christmas of last year, but it doesn't matter. I'll walk it if I half to.

I wanted to do something and it is close to my heart. Just like Connecticut.


1 comment:

Karen Q said...

I love the idea of this! I wouldn't be able to run it but if I can squeeze together the money I'll sign up and ride or walk it!