Saturday, December 1, 2012

How is it already December?

My allergies decided to come out and play today. Two days before we leave for New Orleans. Now,  it's not a big deal when I swell up on my hand, my arm, foot, etc, but when it's my face, I get really mad. And hide. It's rather embarrassing.

That is what I looked like when I left the gym and headed over to work. Right now my entire upper lip is swollen. And now it feels like the bottom one is started to swell.

I can't even tell you how frustrating and upsetting this is for me. I have a lot of things I need to do and planned on doing tonight, but because I don't like to go out in public (I'm surprised I even went to the gym but it wasn't too bad when I left the house) and have people stare at me, I won't go. I'm hoping tomorrow I'm back to normal again.

I've cried over this a couple times today. I still need to get my blood work done that I said I was going to get done in October, but never did. It's getting done when I get back from New Orleans.

In exercise news, I ran 3 miles at the gym. 3 very angry miles since I was so upset about my swelling. It's been a rough year for me with this. And I'm sick of it.

I wore my compression socks all day at work and I love them. I need to get more. I'm hoping that Santa brings me a couple more pairs.

I'm going into work again tomorrow. I have so much I need to finish up before vacation actually starts. I worked 6 hours today but only plan to go in for a couple hours tomorrow.

How was your Saturday?

2 comments:

Andy said...

Ugh, sorry to hear about the allergies! That does NOT sound fun.

I hope this doesn't come off sounding preachy, but maybe you should consider actually doing a full Whole30. If you read through their website, there are all kinds of accounts of people having a lot of success getting rid of mysterious ailments like this. Just a thought. I think I'm going to do another one in the New Year, if you're interested in doing it with a 'buddy'. :)

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a comment at Skinny Runner. I haven't tried compression socks and I've been running consistently for 3 years. Maybe it's time?