Friday, November 30, 2012

The Flying Pig

As our trip to New Orleans draws closer (we leave on Monday) and the New Year is about a month away (2013 already?) I have already begun to think about where I want to see myself at this time next year.

A few months ago, I had hoped to be pregnant by now. But, I was not, in my eyes, at a healthy weight mentally or physically. I didn't want to be 190 pounds, get pregnant and gain 20+ pounds.  I wanted to be where I was last year. Working  out 5 days a week, eating right and taking care of my body. Not too mention at a weight I considered healthy.

As much as I hear that baby clock ticking (and man, it ticks really loud some days) I don't think I can mentally do that to myself. I'm not ready.  And so, when I return from New Orleans next week, I am going to throw myself back into my weight loss and exercise goals. I have been doing pretty well at it over the past few weeks. I only gained 0.8 over Thanksgiving and I'm fine with that. But, I'm no longer going to be a slave to the scale. It's going away for awhile. I can't let it rule my moods.

And, no longer will I just be the cardio queen that I am. I get up, I go to the gym, I run my 3-4 miles and I come home and shower. No more. I want to run, but I also need to get in some weight lifting. And I need to shake it up a bit. Take some spin classes once or twice a week. Last night I did Yoga when I got home and I am DEAD SORE today (also got a tweet from Bob Harper HELLO?!) after I said I didn't feel anything last night. These are things that are missing. I need to keep moving EVERY SINGLE DAY!

So, as much I am dreading this trip, because of the fact I feel like this fat frumpy, gross, woman, I am going to try and enjoy myself. I hate that I can't fit into any of my cute winter clothes from last year, but it's MY FAULT and if I want that to change, I need to change it. No one else can do that.

And, but don't quote me on this yet because it's only in the beginning phases, but I've been talking with this lovely lady about  MAYBE doing the Pig Half Marathon Flying in May. It would be something to work on. Maybe. I don't even know. I'm scared. Crap.

3 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I swear I left a comment. It said I deleted it!
Whatevs!

Get your butt here for the Flying Pig! :)
You'll get your body back to where you want it! You're too driven to settle for anything less!

christina said...

Great post - if you keep waiting to get to a perfect size, place, ect before living life you will miss out on so much life. Get moving towards the healthy goals but dont stop living waiting to be that perfect person.