Monday, May 7, 2012

I Want To Offer My Love And Respect To The End*


I can't even begin to say how saddened I am by the passing of Adam "MCA" Yauch of the Beastie Boys. The Beastie Boys have always been a part of my life. Their record (and yes, it was a record when I bought it) License to Ill was a huge part of my childhood. I still have it. The husband and I don't agree on a lot of music and that was a big issue when we first met, but the Beastie Boys was one band we could always agree on. In fact, we danced to "So Watcha' Want" at my Junior Prom. I was very upset when I had to tell him about it because I knew it was going to hurt him as much as it hurt me.  It really hit home for both of us.


*Lyrics to "Sure Shot" by the Beastie Boys

(I will post about my trip in the next couple of days and start blogging more. I PROMISE!). 


1 comment:

Carolina John said...

Yea I hate that he's gone too. License to Ill was a huge part of my childhood as well, and Sure Shot is still one of my all time favs.