Sunday, May 20, 2012

Oh, my back!!

I got new running sneakers yesterday. I went to the New Balance store (because I am a New Balance snob thank you very much) and got fitted again just to see where we were at.

Funny, I ended up walking out with the same pair I already have. Just the newer version. And shame on me for running with the same pair of sneakers for the past 10 months. Bad, bad, bad. I should know better.

I took them for a spin this morning and I love them. I knew I would. I haven't worn a pair of New Balance sneakers that have done me wrong yet.

I am really trying to figure out what is going on with my back. I see my Chiropractor 1-2 times a week and yet every morning I wake up with horrible pain. HORRIBLE. I think it's our bed. We have a really nice mattress. It's a Posturepedic. It's about 3 years old. And I loved it when when we first got it. Now? I hate it. It hurts me so much when I got to bed and I have to sleep on my side and it hurts. HURTS!!!

Friday I weighed in at 176.8 pounds. Not so good. Not good at all. But I'm trying. I told you all I've been struggling. I have a good eye on it and I am not going to lose control of myself. We'll see what happens come this Friday. I know TOM is due so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Plus I didn't work out much last week. I've gotten in 7 miles this weekend. I need to get back to the gym instead of running on my treadmill at home. That would help. I miss strength training.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you back at WW? or just doing things on your own?

New balance I haven't tried them I personally love saucony.

Sarah said...

I love my pair of New Balance! They hold up the best. By the way, I about died laughing when you said you were a NB snob! (Actually I snorted, but it was NOT caught on tape- therefore I don't have to admit it! lol)

Hope your back feels better!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

P.S. I'm new to your blog. Nice to meet you!