Saturday, May 12, 2012

Texas

It's been a week since we returned from Texas. Hard to believe. The week there I was so happy to be away from Connecticut. Away from work. I slept amazing the entire time.

Texas was what I thought it would be. It was hot. It was humid. And it was big. Everyone was really nice. The food was freaking fantastic. And I got to meet Claire, although we didn't get to hang out for nearly as long as I wish we could have. Next year (which I have been told there will be a next year) I hope that will be different.

So would I live in Texas? No. The traffic alone was enough to scare me the hell away. Ha! Their off ramps and on ramps are a nightmare. Who invited that highway system anyway? Would I go back to visit? Absolutely. I didn't get to do as much as I had wanted, so next year I want to do more.

Here are a couple pictures:



















Here we are outside the hotel. I burn pretty easily and Texas got me good. The first full day we were in Houston I fried like a lobster. this was our last night there so we were being really goofy. We had spent the day the zoo and were exhausted.















Here I am outside the hotel. I loved that right by the hotel I could walk to a Whole Foods. I was there a lot while the husband was working.















And here is the husband outside the hotel.

Also right by the hotel? A SUPER TARGET! I almost died. When I went out shopping with the other wives, and pulled up to the store on the Sunday we were there, I almost cried. No, really. They were joking they were going to have send out a search party for me. I was so excited. I went there couple several times.

Next up? New Orleans in December. Hubby's boss told me I was going so I am looking forward to that for sure. I was sad I missed out on it last year.

And the food...I ate everything that was put down in front of me. Not one piece of fried food was left untouched by me. But, I tried to eat light in the morning and lunch so that when dinner rolled around, I was alright. I ate a lot of salads for lunch. And I sued the gym fitness center 5 times. The other wives were impressed and joined me a couple times for workouts.

I gained 4.4 pounds on vacation. I told myself 5 was my max so I don't think that is bad. I'm already back to where I was when we left. I was right back on track on the Sunday after we returned.

Now I am going to lose the 25 pounds I need to lose to get to goal. By my Birthday. I have 7 months. I can do it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, your excitement over Super Target is so adorable!

Becky took me to this place called Torchy's Tacos on Friday... I will make it a point to get directions there when you're down again, because it was INSANELY good.

I'm gonna have to post one of my pics from the beach so we can compare sunburns. LOL