Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story

Since I am home sick today, what a perfect blog post this will make!!



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We've been together almost 19 years (since May 14th, 1993)



2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met when I started working at the same grocery store he was working at. I thought he was really cute and nice. He was a cashier and I started off as a bagger. I tried to bag for him as much as I could and I finally just told someone I liked him so he would get the damn hint. He finally asked for my phone number and we went out on our first date the next day (which was horrible).

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We've been married for 11 years. Since September 22, 2000.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
It was a medium size wedding. I had planned on a small one, but we kept adding more people. We were married outside in a gazebo at a place called Sun Valley Resorts. It's sort of a tradition in my family. 3 of my cousins have been married there, too.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Not really. We call each other sweetie and honey and babe, but nothing unique.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's smart, he's funny and he makes me feel beautiful. I could weigh 300 pounds and he would announce to the world I am the most beautiful woman in the world. And he would men it.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
I knew he was going to propose. I am not big on surprises at all. But it was romantic. We went out to dinner and after that we went to this beautiful lake near our house and he asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes!!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Both!!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I like to stay home and watch a movie on the couch, but I do like a sunset dinner now and again.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I want to go to Hawaii and enjoy the beautiful blue waters. I couldn't do it with anyone but him.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
It's a good thing we didn't make dinner plans this year because I'm sick. But I do have a pot roast cooking the crock pot and we're going to spend time together at home.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I didn't really want much, but I got flowers, balloons and a teddy bear.




13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Have fun. Talk to each other. And never stop saying I love you!!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing. I love reading other peoples love story's!

Carolina John said...

Very cute! Wow 19 years is a long time. We've had 16 years together and it's rare to find a blogger who can top that. He's a smart guy!

Tara said...

knowing that you're from Ellington (at some point anyway) I have to ask...what grocery store? :)