Monday, April 4, 2011

Comfortable

I had another weekend of not being so good with my eating. I'm not sure what my deal is. I think I'm getting comfortable at my weight. And I'm starting to wonder if being 160 or so is a good weight for me right now. Oh sure, I still want to get to 150 pounds and I still want to get back into my 8's, but maybe right now sitting back and enjoying my hard work (losing 80 pounds in the past year) for a bit.

And by not so good with my eating I mean I mean on Saturday night I just sort of ate whatever I wanted and didn't care. Cookies, candy, french fries. Whatever. And I didn't worry about it because I knew I had 6 miles planned for Sunday morning. Today was a rest day. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I plan to do at least 3 miles plus weights. So I know that what I ate may show up on the scale a little bit but my clothes still fit just fine.

And I feel good in my body these days. I'm happy with myself. When I'm ready to continue losing the weight I will.

I guess that is how I feel right now.

And when I was 150 pounds last night I had a hard time staying there. So I might be a little afraid of getting there again and having the same problem.

So I'm going to just continue to run, try to tone everything up and see what happens.

What do you all think?

5 comments:

ThunderThighs said...

I think that's a great idea and you need to do what is best for you. You seem to be listening to your body, which is really important!

karen said...

I think:
1) You're amazing.
2) You should keep listening to your body.
3) I adore you.
Really. In the time that I've known you not only have you shrunk a great deal but you've grown a great deal, too. Run, tone, and even if you don't drop another ounce I bet you'll still be rockin' those 8s!

Diaries of a Fat Girl said...

this is just a block in the road, your are much smaller now and it is going to be tough to get these next few pounds off. I think you should still strive for your goal if that is what you want. Also with the eating whatever you want, I know it is hard to give up the things we love, and you dont have to, like everyone has always said, in moderation. You have worked so hard to get fit dont give up yet. you are doing great and everyone is so proud of you and your accomplishments. as a women who is just now starting her fitness journey, it gives me assurance that i can do this, seeing that you can.

safire said...

I had about 20 lbs to lose and I went into maintenance at 140 lbs give or take 5 lbs for months.

Only recently I'm buckling down and trying to get the last 10 off (I got 10 off last month) so I totally get what you are feeling.

I think giving your body some time to adjust isn't a bad thing! I've yo-yo'ed for years and never been able to maintain. Learning to maintain is a task in itself!

:D I look forward to reading more posts from you! You've already done AMAZINGLY!

Tara said...

I hear ya on not being so great with your eating! That's been me the past couple weeks. And considering this comes right on the tail of being super good about it from the end of February through, say, March 25 or so...I feel even worse about it. Boo.

Tara
http://aserendipitouslife.blogspot.com