Friday, April 15, 2011

Guess what I did today?

I know I said I was comfortable at the weight I'm at. And I am. I weighed myself every day just to see what the scale would say. I say 158.8 up to 161 and back down to 158.8 pounds again. And I didn't freak out about it. Because I know it's pretty normal for that to happen.

That being said, I think that I have gotten a little TOO comfortable at this weight and I'm slacking with my eating. My exercise has not slacked. I'm still running. And I took my first spin class. And I'm loving all the workouts I get in. But my clean eating has sort of...died off a bit. And I don't like that.

All my friends, family and coworkers tell me I look great. People I haven't seen in a long time tell me that. And I'm flattered. I know I worked hard and I feel amazing. I love being able to walk into any store and try on clothes and know they are going to fit. Know that I can buy something at any store. Not have to go to a special store.

But... I hate that I got comfortable.

Today I rejoined Weight Watchers. And I can't tell you how excited I am about this. The new program is just that. NEW! Something for me to focus on. Something different. Something I haven't been doing for the past year. And I can't wait to start tomorrow!! So I updated my weight (159.8 is my starting weight) and my weigh in dates are now Friday. I haven't been to a meeting in so long. Or been this excited about it. And I decided I am going to push for 140. I can do it. I didn't go from 242 from February of 2010 to 159 in April of 2011 for nothing. I can lose another 20 pounds. Even if it takes me the rest of this year!!

I also signed up for a 5K next month. Because I plan to continue running!

8 comments:

safire said...

I got complacent too around 142 for a long time because all my wardrobe fit so I started slacking off but like you, I had to re-motivated myself through other means :D

Good luck with WW!!!!

marisol said...

Good luck with WW! I think you will like the new plan. I do. I was losing on both but I feel that with PointsPlus I make better choices.

ElleBee said...

Sarah, you are such an inspiration!! No doubt you'll get to 140 lbs. :) Enjoy the new program, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Sarah said...

Don't you find that if you have a long run the day before you are a little higher in weight the next day? I find that!!
Good for joining WW again!

MojoMissy said...

I admire your dedication! I'm proud of you for finding new motivation. WW stresses me out with all the tracking, so I really admire those of you who work it!

Unknown said...

Good job on finding that spark again to make you go back to clean eating ! Keep up the great work on running !

Tara said...

wow, you lost that much weight in just over a year! that's amazing!

I do the same thing - get complacent with my eating once I hit an "okay" weight. I should probably watch my diet a bit more; I know if I did I'd lose this last pesky 10 pounds...buuut...there's always a but. I just love food too much :D

Kathryn Crawford said...

Hello! I just found your blog and want to say what an amazing transformation before and after! Congrats on losing all the weight and also for finding the motivation to go WW now. I also recently started WW, but my stats are closer to where you began. Good luck! I look forward to reading more of what you write.

:) Kat