Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter, running, new scale, etc...

I'm running.

I love to run.

I think we all sort of know that by now. So far this week I've run 17 miles. Pretty good, huh?

Yet I gained this week. Again. Last week I was 160.4 pounds. Which is a gain of 1.4 pounds. Not too bad.

This week? I'm 163.2 pounds. So I gained 2.8 pounds.

I blame Easter. I pretty much lost my stuff and ate EVERYTHING you can imagine. Tuesday I was 165.4 pounds. So I did have the scale go down a little bit by the end of the week. But I was really shocked I gained 5 pounds. Although I shouldn't have. Because I know my body. And yes, I ran 5.5 miles on Sunday. But I didn't do anything on Monday. I got up (still in a food coma) and went to work and didn't work out. So...

I need to continue running. And I seriously need to tone up my stomach. Even with the extra skin (that won't go away without surgery) I know I can tone up some of it and I won't hate it so much.

All of last week (after Easter) I ate 100% clean every day. And I felt amazing. Processed food is so evil.

I hope to get back to 160 this week. I bought a new scale and it's awesome. I love it. My scale was 8 years old and I had to kick it to get it come on. So this new one is all glass and super fancy. And I did weigh myself on both today to see if there was a difference. My new scale is 0.2 pounds less then the old one.

I didn't beat myself up over the gain. Sometimes I just have to eat and enjoy it and deal with it later. But 3 pieces of cheesecake? That won't be happening again. Or 3 cookies made by my Brother-In-Laws girlfriend. Or a pint of ice cream. I could go on, but that's enough. I told you it was a bad day.

And thanks for all the music suggestions. I'm always looking for more, so if you have any, just let me know.

3 comments:

Carolina John said...

Easter killed me too. I still showed a loss on the scale, but my body fat went up by almost 1%, and that's really bad. i want them both to go down.

But May is almost here, so hang in there until tomorrow!

Sevenbeads said...

May starts a new month ... Easter is a tough time for dieters. How great to get a new scale. All those fancy features!

marisol said...

The worst thing you can do is beat yourself up. You know how to work this losing weight business and when you need a reminder of how far you've come, look at the pictures on the right hand side of your blog. You are doing great!