Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back pain

Dear God, I thought my back was dead. No, really. Saturday it started bothering me and I was in such pain. Pain like I felt months ago before I started going to see the Chiropractor. It was so awful. And of course, my Chiropractor isn't open on the weekend (are any?) so I had to deal with the pain until Monday morning when I could call and get in to a get adjusted again. If you have ever had back pain you know what I am talking about it. It's so horrible. Sitting, walking, any moving AT ALL is painful. And this all comes from when I was 15 years old and fell down two icy steps. Which was (cough) 20 years ago.

I should have known better when I was cleaning the liter box. It wasn't running. I was fine doing that. I didn't have any pain. But I started bending and cleaning and ignored the pain. And kept cleaning. And bending. And the pain was there. And I fell asleep on my couch which isn't very firm. So Sunday it was really bad. I was dying on Monday morning. Walking like a pregnant woman (or a penguin, you decide).

Everyone at work could tell I was in pain. And it was easier to stand then to sit because our chairs at work SUCK! They are terrible. But once I got in to the Chiropractor and had my adjustments done, I started to feel better. I iced my back, I made sure to get up and walk around the office as often as I could and I made sure to stay off the couch and sit on the love seat when I got home.

This morning I was in pain again! I was so made. Almost in tears. I haven't worked out since Saturday and that kills me. I don't like going more then a couple days without a workout. It really gets me down. But I kept doing what I did yesterday. Ice, walking around and all of a sudden, my back eased up. Now I am almost 100% better.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I'm looking forward to getting back to the treadmill tomorrow. I may kiss it. And I want to hit the gym and get in some weights. I so want to tone up. I keep saying that but haven't yet. It needs to be done.

And before I go, no, I didn't feel an earthquake here today. Kind of crazy to believe we had one. But we've had a crazy year of weather so it doesn't really surprise me these days.

3 comments:

Our Head Above Water said...

Been there. I'm pretty sure I paid for my chiropractors new office.....

carla said...

Im there now too...


Miz.

Carolina John said...

ZOMG back pain is the worst!!! Totally drags me down when I get it. My back pain tends to be muscular anyway, so even the chiro can't really help.