Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 3 and Happy August 1st!!

I was bummed when I discovered that my pasta is 5 points. Not 3, not 4, but 5 points a cup. But it's all good. I have the points to eat that if I want 2 cups (I love me some pasta) so I used some extra points tonight. That is what they are there for, right?!

I'm pretty happy with how things are going so far. It's day 3 on the new plan and I'm feeling like I'm really doing great. I am actually looking forward to what the scale is going to say on Friday when I go back and weigh in.

I ran tonight when I got home. Just 3 miles. Not my best 3 miles. It was hot and humid and I was tired, but it was 3 miles. My body is still not used to running at night, but I'm working on that. I just can't seem to get up in the morning these days, so I'm doing what I can right now. Maybe in the future I'll get back to morning workouts but for now it's going to be after work.

Something is up with the radiator in my car. Not cool. Hubby was going to fix it tonight but he needs to get a part for it. Good thing I work 10 minutes from home.

And Happy Birthday to my dear sweet, Cynnamon. She turns 15 today. I would add a picture of her, but Blogger is acting stupid and won't let me. She's our sweet calico that I bottle feed. I took her out of the barn next to my sisters house. She was a wild kitty. She was covered in fleas and her eyes were filled with this gunky stuff. I took her to my Mom's apartment and washed her up and saved her life. She was so tiny that she fit in the palm of my hand when we first got her. My hubby did NOT want a kitten but she changed his mind. Cynnamon (my hubby named her) made him love cats. Hubby was a dog person up until Cynnamon came along. She picked him and to this day she looks at him and purrs and purrs with this love in her eyes. It's so sweet. She is a very fat house cat now (10 pounds) and she might be 15, but she is spunky. She chases the other 2 cats around and makes sure they know she is queen around here.

So Happy Birthday, Cynnamon. We love you!!

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

Good for you looking forward to the weigh in friday! I was down a little bit today as well. Feels so positive today!

Tara said...

10 pounds! that's nothing, one of our cats is 16 pounds! she's waaaay overweight.

my husband was the opposite of yours - a self-proclaimed cat person. but when we started dating I brought my dog Wendy into his life and whereas he's not a dog person like I am, Wendy made him appreciate dogs more and he is absolutely in love with her :) isn't it funny how one good animal can change a person's mind?