Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why I didn't run today

It's probably a good idea to NOT drink the night before a long run. I only had 4 miles planned, but it was 4 miles that DID NOT happen. Due to being hung over. And waking up at 11am. I pretty much peeled myself out of the bed and onto the couch for an hour before I felt like I could move. And I knew the run wasn't happening. I thought about it. And thought about it some more. But. No.

I'm okay with it. I have only myself to blame and I can deal with it. I had FUN last night and that is all that matters. The wedding was great. I saw a few people I hadn't seen in a long time. Yes, I ate too much and went totally off track (that happens when I drink). But, it's okay. I'm over it.

I have my week planned out. I have 21 miles all together. My alarms (yes, alarms) are set for tomorrow and I am running my 4 miles that was planned for today, tomorrow morning before work.

And I'm still not feeling like myself, but I'm getting there. I hope to not gain weight at Weight Watchers but we'll see. I already knew I was going to have to go on Saturday to weigh in because I have a work thing that I have to do. But that is okay, too.

And the wedding? It was the most unusual wedding ever. No bridesmaids. No best man. No dancing. No bouquet tossing. Strange. But not bad. Nontraditional I guess is the word.

Here I am all dressed up:I loved this dress. I can't tell you how amazing it made me feel. For twenty bucks, I wish everything could make me feel this good.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You look great!

Argh..I can only imagine how you felt this morning!! Alcohol dehydrates you, it would of been a painful run!!

Phoenix said...

You look beautiful!

carla said...

I ADORE the last 2 sentences.

adore.

MizFit

Sara said...

Love the dress! I am glad you had fun at the wedding. It is okay to take a break from time to time, and I am so glad you are not beating yourself up over it! Hope your 4 miles went well today! :)

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE that dress! You look so happy! :)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Love the dress, you are really rocking it. It is so pretty!!