Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Irene is on here way here. So I thought I would post tonight since there is a good chance I won't have power tomorrow. Or maybe even Monday (the thought...).

I stayed the same this week, weighing in at 160.2 pounds again. Which is fine by me. I didn't get to exercise as much as I wanted with my back bothering me. But I am happy to say it's feeling MUCH better. I've done 9 miles this week and if I have power in the morning (fingers crossed) I am going to try for 4 more. I also hit the gym for weights 3 times this week.

Speaking of my back, my Chiropractor was in a car accident on Monday night. She broke two fingers and had surgery on Friday. She can't do any adjusting for at least 30 days. I'm horrified!! You all know how much I love her. She got someone else in there though. A temp. He did my adjustment on Thursday and was pretty good. It's not the same, but as long as I can get my adjustments, it's good. I really felt it good when he did my hips though.

The American Idol concert didn't happen. Why? Well, the traffic was terrible. The show started at 7pm and my sister picked me up at 4:30pm. It was a 90 minute drive and we figured we would hit traffic, driving through 2 major cities. Well, by the time we got off the highway, it was 8pm. It would have taken at least another 30-45 minutes to park and get inside. Eff that. We turned around and went home. We were bummed, but whatever. We tried to go see "The Help" but it wasn't playing until like 11:15pm. Another time.

Hopefully I won't be without power long. We have candles and flashlights and our Uno game (our go to for when the power goes out) and I have my Kindle all full of books and charged and ready to go. We can go to my in-laws if we have to (with the cats). Everyone who is dealing with Irene be safe!! I'm thinking of you!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Stay safe Sarah!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Stay safe! I will be thinking of you hope the power doesn't stay out long if it does go!

Carolina John said...

Glad you came through Irene ok! I know your part of the country got hit pretty hard. We caught it in the OBX worst of all.

Anonymous said...

I hope you survived Irene! The footage I've seen looks pretty scary (especially the streaker).

carla said...

hope all is ok in your neck of the woods and NET!


MizFit