Saturday, March 3, 2012

SUCCESS!!

I think I figured it out!

I rejoined the gym a little over a month ago. I've been busting my ass and really working hard. But the scale hasn't budged. The only time it did was the week I was sick and that was only because I didn't eat. As soon as I got my appetite back, I gained the 2 pounds back I lost.

I'm not eating enough. If I spend 2 hours a day at the gym 5 days a week? That is a lot of calories burnt. So I upped my food intake Thursday and Friday and this morning the scale actually went down. 0.6 but it went down.

SUCCESS!!! I'll keep doing that and see if it helps.

Just so you know, I'm doing about 60 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of weights. I'm trying so hard to tone up and lean out. I'm sick of the flab. This stomach is never going to go away without surgery, but I can try!!

4 comments:

christina said...

Glad you have found the balance to keep your metabolism roaring. I cant imagine doing weights every day - I would be so sore! Did it get easier?

Christina

MojoMissy said...

I got back in the gym today to jog/walk and it felt so good. Good call on the upping your food intake. I'd say you're burning a ton.

Do you do free weights or machines?

Pinky said...

maybe it's also too much cardio? have you considered just a weights routine with cardio (high intensity) intermittently included?

and did you get the tattoo? did I miss the photo somewhere? (runs over to FB to find out :) )

you will get there hon, whatever you do, just don't give up :)

Phoenix said...

Good for you! The effort it takes to outsmart our bodies, we should get extra calories burned just for that! Keep up the great work!