Monday, April 2, 2012

This IS a weight loss blog, right??

This is a supposed to be a weight loss blog. And I've sort of let it stop being one. It seems a lot of people are feeling this way these days. I just finished reading The Anti Jared and he is going through the same thing.

Over the past several months I've slacked off with my blogging. I've slacked off with my healthy eating. And I've let myself down.

I thought by rejoining Weight Watchers that it would help. It didn't. Actually, I ended up gaining 2 pounds on the new program and once again, I realized I just do not like the new program at all. I'm not knocking Weight Watchers. I love them. But, not this program. It works for some people. But not me. As many of you know, when I started out in March of 2010, I followed Weight Watchers, but it was the old program. It was the 1,2,3 success program. Where there were no extra points given. You could bank some points if you wanted to and you earned activity points.

I don't want to count points anymore. I've decided that. It's just not what I want to do. After gaining those 2 pounds (that was on Friday the 22nd) I found myself at 177.6 pounds. I haven't seen that number in a very long time. I was mad. REALLY mad. And it lit a fire under me.

I worked out 6 days last week and lost 4.6 pounds by the end of the week. I was 173 pounds on Saturday. I was so happy with myself. I worked out and counted calories and ate very clean. I plan to that every week, as much as I can. Today wasn't the best day. I didn't feel good and my allergies were bad and I stayed home. I was bored and ate a lot, but it's one day. I'll pick myself up and move on. It happens. I know not to beat myself up over it.

So, here this blog becomes a weight loss blog again. I've gone back to my old name. I've decided it should be about that. I want to get into those size 8's after all.

2 comments:

karen said...

Welcome back, darlin!

AdventureSmith said...

That's an amazing result in a week! Well done for getting back in the saddle, that's definitely the hardest part for me when I lose my way. Here's to another good week!