Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's not that I can't, I don't.

I've been reading over my old blog posts. And trying to figure out how I managed to go from 240 pounds in March of 2010 to 157 by May of 2011. Almost an 85 pounds weight loss. Which for me is pretty good.

And what what it? Not worrying so much about the scale. Not eating CRAP food or drinking diet soda. Counting my points. Oh, and exercise.

Weight Watchers works for me. But, only when I actually follow the plan.

Yes, I know we're trying to get pregnant and I shouldn't worry so much about my weight, but it could a few more months before I get pregnant. I would love to be 170 pounds when that happened.

So I've been pretty MIA lately because I've been eating badly. And my exercise isn't all that great. This weekend I ran 10 miles (5 miles both Saturday and Sunday) and I felt awesome about it. But, that didn't stop me from stuffing my face with junk food.

I just need to remember "I don't eat that" when I go to grab a cookie or a candy or whatever. It's not that I can't eat it, I don't. Because I know my body and if I keep it up, I'm going to be back to where I was 2 and  a half years ago.

I need to start blogging more and exercising more and tracking my points. I need to start making Sunday the day I cook my meals for the week and not worry about lunch when I'm at work.

I can do this.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

We are always hung up on a number on the scale but if I were you I would make preparing my body for conception a priority. Making it a strong body for the baby live in. Make sense?

Carolina John said...

The same program doesn't always work for everyone forever, and as much as I love WW, even it has its flaws. Don't be afraid to take this time to educate yourself more on worldwide cultural health and weight management strategies. It can be incredibly interesting.