Saturday, July 14, 2012

Three hours

Last night my sister and I went to see Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean in concert with a friend. It was so much fun!! Except for this:

We sat in this for THREE HOURS! Yes, I said THREE HOURS! For what, I couldn't tell you. It wasn't for the concert because once we got off the exit there wasn't anymore traffic. So what would have normally been a 20-25 minute drive took THREE HOURS! We left early, too. And missed 30 minutes of the show. We only missed one Luke Bryan song.

Luke is awesome. Love me some Luke.

Back to the three hours of traffic. I'm so glad I filled my purse with snacks. Us ladies were starving. STARVING! I was passing food all around the car. Seriously. WOW!

So, I've been back to counting points now for 3 days and I'm down 3 pounds. It's a big weight off my shoulders already to not see that horrible number on the scale. I know I'm worth more, but it's still scary to see it creeping back up there.

Last night while we were sitting in the seats at the concert I remember how not that long ago I didn't fit in those seats and I was so grateful for how far I've come. And I also remembered how walking from the car to the venue wasn't too easy for me. Now? No big deal.

So, I'm going to continue to keep counting points and working out and see what happens. We're still trying to get pregnant and when I do I'll stop worrying about my weight.

I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday (that I swear better NOT get rescheduled again) and I look forward to talking to her about my baby plans.

No comments: