Friday, December 23, 2011

My year in review.

I found this on another blog, so I thought I would copy it and post my own answers.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

I ran a half marathon. That is 13.1 miles for those that don't know. I did that on March 20th, 2011. I'm not sure if I will ever do it again, but I would like to. Right now I'm just enjoying my treadmill runs, but in the back of my mind I know I want to run a full marathon sometime.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
I really don't remember if I had any or not. If I did, it was to reach my goal weight. I didn't get to 150 pounds, but I didn't gain weight either. Sure, I saw 157.4 pounds and right now I'm 166.6 pounds, but I still managed to keep my weight loss at 120 pounds. Pretty awesome.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What countries did you visit?

I didn't leave the USA this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I'd like to have a better attitude. I know, I know. But I'm kind of really bitchy lately and it's not cool.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 20th, 2011. That is when I ran my half marathon. And in February (not sure of the exact date) when the hubby got his job!!

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Running the half marathon and keeping off my weight.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Well, I could say not making my goal, but I'm not going to. I am very blessed to be where I am right now.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I injured my back (or should I say an old injury came back to haunt me) and starting seeing my Chiropractor in January. I adore her. Plus, I had bronchitis in October into November.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Bowflex!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband. He seriously deserves a medal for putting up with me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'd rather not say. You never know who might find this blog...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Everywhere. Food, running stuff, cat stuff, clothes, car work, concert tickets...but it was all worth it.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing my Mom for the first time in a year. And seeing my sister for the first time in over 3 years.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
There are so many. Probably any Blake Shelton song thanks to his awesome concert.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner by about 10 pounds. =]
c) richer or poorer? RICHER!! Hubby is working again!!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Saved a little more money. But we can do that next year.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressed out.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family and friends

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm already madly in love with my husband.

22. How many one-night stands?
Nope

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad. American Horror Story. True Blood.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. More like dislike.

25. What was the best book you read?
A Discovery of Witches was good. And the Hunger Games trilogy.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
All country music rocks my world. Seriously.

27. What did you want and get?
A Bowflex.

28. What did you want and not get?
To be back in my size 8 jeans, but it's okay.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
"Bridesmaids" was funny. So was "Puss in Boots". lol

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36. I worked and hubby took me out to dinner. It was fun and awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way. Work threw me a big party so I enjoyed that.

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A bigger raise at work. What? I can dream.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I am starting to dress more my age and not like a 20 something anymore. I am now an adult.

33. What kept you sane?
Running. And my husband. And my twitter friends. lol

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have a few.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
There are so many...

36. Who did you miss?
I always miss my Dad.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My new coworker. She is super cool and cute.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I'll have to get back to you on this one.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"No one is stopping you from doing what you want to do". Guns N' Roses

No comments: