Friday, December 2, 2011

The one where I go to Texas

My husband has been gone since Monday morning. If you didn't know it already, we're pretty close. We spend a lot of time together. We're best friends. We've been together for a very long time. So it's hard when we are apart.

This has probably been the easiest time for me, which is unusual. Maybe it's because I had to work and the last couple of times he has gone away, I had weekends in there. Tomorrow doesn't seem like a depressing and lonely day. I have plans to clean and run a few errands. Get out some Christmas decorations (the tree we will put up when he gets home).

But I miss him. There is only so much time I can spend with my cats. They look at me like "Hey, lady feed us and go away". So Sunday is going to be a great reunion for us when my husband does come home.

However, the next business trip for him will be at the end of March and I am invited! I know I mentioned before I wanted to go with him this time (he's in New Orleans) but I didn't have the vacation time for that and for when my Mom comes to visit. Since I haven't seen my Mother since October of 2010, and she's my Mom...

The next trip he's going on will be to Houston, Texas. I have never been to Texas. I don't count the time I had to go there for a layover flight. And I cannot wait. If you live in Texas and would like to meet up I would love to meet you. So far, everyone lives 5 hours away. Which sucks. I am looking forward to doing EVERYTHING. Whatever there is to do in Houston. I've heard it's beautiful there.

So what is my point? I really want to try and bust my ass and look as good as I can for this trip. Seriously. I've been such a slacker lately. I was going to wait until January 1st but why? Why wait? Why not start TOMORROW. Back to my 4-6 days a week of working out. Eating clean. That is what I miss the most. Eating healthy makes me feel GOOD! I really like counting my calories. I feel I get a lot more out of that. But without the exercise, I don't feel I get enough.

The slacking needs to stop. I need to get myself back in control and feel like a million bucks.

3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

yay for getting to go on a trip with your hubby!

Polar's Mom said...

There are some lovely areas in and around Houston, but make sure you mapquest twice, because there are definitely some areas you should avoid! I like the Galleria there, but then I am a mall girl.

Carolina John said...

Yea, but then you're going to Texas. Form your own opinions, but I went to Austin about 8 years ago and didn't care for Texas that much. Have a good trip, and I hope the husband got home safely on Sunday!

Get yourself back in control and you will feel better for your trip!