Friday, March 4, 2011

Take two

Let me first apologize for my post this morning. I just was upset, as you must know, about being up nearly 6 pounds in 6 days. It's not cool. And I don't like to be like that about the numbers on the scale. I think I should have control over that by now.

But I do believe I have found the problem (thank you twitter friends and to my friends and family).

As you may (or may not) know, money has been tight around my house for awhile. And last month money was extra tight. So, I had to let a few things fall to the side. One of them being my birth control. I have crappy insurance, with a HUGE deductible (go figure I work in healthcare) and I have to pay for the whole thing. I didn't take it. So I was able to afford it this month and I started taking it again. This is the first time in 15+ years I haven't taken it. And I believe (after research online and talks online) that is the cause. And I've also been breaking out like a 13 year old girl. It was a HUGE relief let me tell you to finally figure it out. Because I was kind of losing my mind. As you probably could see.

So the hubby and I talked about it. And I'm not taking them anymore. Plus I'm *cough35cough* and probably shouldn't be on the pill anymore anyway. So... we shall see what the scale says next week.

Also... I admit. I am kind of scared of my 5K on Sunday. There. I said it. I said it on twitter, but you know. I am scared. And I know once I get it over with, I will be okay. And there is beer. And coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah on finding out what was causing the gain! And you will be fabulous on your 5K

Kate said...

How did the 5K go? I haven't ever ran one and am scared to even sign up!! You go!