Saturday, July 23, 2011

And the results are in...

I suppose my little freak out last week was maybe just over the top. I might have needed to get all upset like I did. But, seeing 168.6 on the scale was a little scary to say the least. That being said. This week?

159.6 pounds!!

That is a 9 pound difference. So that is why I am thinking my freak out maybe should never have happened. The night before my weigh in, I had eaten pizza, had some alcohol and some other things I don't normally eat. And let us not forget TOM was still present.

But with those numbers looming in my head all week, I was able to stay on track. I ran, I ate right and I most certainly did NOT eat any oreo cookie balls at my offices yearly BBQ. Okay. So I had one of them. But I made a cheesecake for the BBQ and I didn't even lick the batter so I thought maybe I deserved a little something.

I had a few feel good moments this week, too. I had to to a meeting on Wednesday at one of the other offices and I hadn't been down there in awhile. I was complimented a lot on my weight loss, but was told by one coworker that he didn't even recognize me until I came over started talking to someone else. One of our marketers told me I look fantastic yesterday and last night at the grocery store a woman I used to see at my old gym came up to me and told me I looked great and asked me why I wasn't coming to the gym anymore (I switched 5 months ago). Plus on Thursday I was feeling really good and "skinny" for the first time in awhile.

Speaking of the gym, I was there this morning for the first time in awhile. It was so humid yesterday I felt like I might pass out (triple digits baby!) when I was running so I wanted to be inside where it was air conditioned. And when I pulled in and saw 8 cars there, I was reminded again why I switched to this gym. Besides it being 60 seconds from my house. I hope to start going there more often. NO ONE was using the free weights. I think out of those 8 cars half of them were employees. No joke.

I'm going to continue with my weekly weighs again and see how that goes. I'm happy with how this week went and I want to repeat the awesome feelings I had.

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Wow, Great WI! :) You are doing awesome.

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

Brooke said...

I hate it when WI's get in my head. Way to put it in perspective! Compliments are one of my biggest motivators - I'm glad you've been getting lots. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

So yesterday, I weighed... and I was up like, 5 or 6 pounds from before the weekend. Not only did that seem ridiculous, it was 3 pounds up from what it was Sunday night!

So after I got done weighing yesterday morning, I took a second blood pressure pill (since it's a combo beta-blocker and diuretic) and I knew it's a) TOM, and b) I'd had a lot of salt over the weekend.

Long story short... lost 3 pounds overnight. Stupid water weight. Stupid period.

And stupid scale for making us lose our minds.