Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Have you seen my sunglasses?

I know, I can't believe it either. I haven't post much in a very a couple weeks and now I'm updating twice in one day? I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fainted. Because I didn't intend for that to happen.

I'm packing everything up for the beach tomorrow and I can't explain how excited I am. I haven't been to the beach since 2006 and I was around 210 pounds at that time. Fitting into (tight) size 16's and hating every minute of it. I had to buy a bathing suit for the trip and hated that, too. I hated having to spend the money because I had 2 perfectly good bathing suits that I loved but there was no way I could fit into them. Hard to believe it would take me 7 years to do so. I got a horrible sunburn on this trip in 2006. I couldn't leave the couch for 2 days. I could hardly walk. I was so burnt. And I was only in the sun for 2 hours. So we made sure to pack the sunscreen this time.

Anyway, we took a trip to Target today to pick a few beach necessities and I stumbled across a pair of shorts that are made for the reason I need them. They are PERFECT to cover up my troublesome thighs and I don't have to wear my running skirt as a bottom. They actually have a bathing suit bottom in them, but are shorts. I love them. And they go perfect with my top. So I am all set for tomorrow. I told my husband that next year, I am going to wear a bikini. That is right. A bikini. So now that I put that in print, it's got to happen, right?

Except I can't find my sunglasses. That is annoying me. I might have to stop and pick up a pair on the way there. How can I relax in the sun without my sunglasses? If you see them, let me know.

2 comments:

ElleBee said...

Sounds like you're enjoying your vacay. Have a great time at the beach today!!

jillconyers said...

Hi from a new follower. Enjoy the beach! I wish I was going :) Instead it's taking the movies for me.

Good luck finding your glasses!

Blog: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

FB: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]