Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paleo

I've been thinking...

I've been thinking about going Paleo. Even for just a little while. If you don't know about the Paleo diet, what are you a caveman? Haha. Get it? Well, google it and you'll get it, sillyhead.

It makes a lot of sense. And I want to try it. I bought the book "The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain probably 2 months ago and the cookbook to go with it. I just haven't embraced it yet.

I keep thinking I want to give it a go. I have that wedding coming up on August 6th. I could start on the 7th (thus giving me CAKE! Damn it, I will not pass up wedding cake. Unless there is coconut or cinnamon in said cake. I'm allergic). And the chance to drink. Because you aren't supposed to have sugar or alcohol on Paleo.

So what do you think? Any ideas? Drop me an email if you want or at me on twitter. Or comment here. Or whatever...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think WW is getting too old for you, or just eating clean is getting old for you. Maybe trying something new will help you.

Good luck! You can blog about it too because I know a lot of us would like to hear experiences with this diet.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to hear how it goes for you. I follow a couple other blogs that the women are doing it, with success to boot! I dont blame ya for waiting until after the wedding.. geez, free yummy cake.. Paleo can wait! :) Best of luck & I cant wait to hear all about it.

Jackie
http://sweet-as-tea.blogspot.com/

Jaime said...

Funny that you mention this today because I was just tweeting about my curiousity about Paleo today.

There seem to be a lot of different ways of doing it and most folks seem to have their own take on it.

They all stick to the meat/veggie portion of it, but lots of folks still let themselves treat on the occasional dairy item, oatmeal, or booze. They all mention tequila! LOL.

I'm going to join the library specifically to check out a couple of books without having to actually pay for them.

:)

carla said...

I say try it :)
see what you think and you can always tweak it to suit you!!


MizFit

Carolina John said...

It's today's version of the low carb crap we all got fed up with after south beach and atkins failed. I like that it really pushes whole foods, not synthetic foods like soda's. but that's about it. To me it still seems like a "diet plan" and not a "healthy nutrition lifestyle" like they want you to think it is. It's a fad that will eventually frustrate you.

Eat whole foods, mostly plants.

Besides I hear that "Paleo Turds" are tiny hard little pebbles that you poop out, and I don't want any diet plan to give me that little fiber. Who told me that? some paleo junkies that actually enjoy that kind of thing.