Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is this thing on?

So right. I have a blog and I should be updating it. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I have been a bad blogger over the past few weeks. I just haven't felt like I had anything to blog about. And I know that sometimes, when people stop updating their blogs, others think that they might have fallen off the wagon or whatever.

But I didn't.

I'm still around and running and eating well. I actually, finally, started my free weight program today. I am sick of the muffin top and the bat wings and I just need to tone up. I know it will make a hell of difference in my clothes and I need to do it. So after my 4 mile run, I did 20 minutes of weights. It's not a lot, but it is something.

I still want to join CrosssFit, but it's not going to happen right now. It's a lot of money ($179 a month if I don't sign a contract) and right now the hubby and I want to save our money for other things. So, maybe in the future, I can do that. We'll see.

Hubby and I are on vacation this week. We aren't doing anything huge, just some day trips. Saturday night I kicked it off the first full day of vacation by going to see Keith Urban for the 4th time with my sister. It was, of course, amazing. I could probably see Keith 4 million times and never get sick of him. He played for 2 and a half hours!! It was fantastic!! Sunday hubby and I had a late breakfast out and finally bought ourselves a new television. Our flat screen died a couple weeks ago and it kind of sucked watching everything on a 13 inch screen. Really.

Last night we went to the drive in. It's been 10 year since we did that. We saw "Horrible Bosses" and "Bad Teacher". Both were funny but I enjoyed "Bad Teacher" the best. I think it was Cameron Diaz that did it for me. She was really good in that movie. Although "Horrible Bosses" had it's moments.

Tomorrow we're going to the beach! I'm a little nervous about bathing suit situation. I actually decided to wear my running skirt as my button. Why? I hate my thighs and no bottom makes me feel comfortable enough. I have some serious cellulite issues.

It's been really humid here. My runs have been soaked with sweat and today I had stop around mile 3 to refresh on some Powerade for a bit. It's brutal. But I did 5 miles on Saturday and Sunday and that felt great. I've slowed my pace down a little and that has helped me a lot.

I leave you with this picture I took at Target in a size 8 skirt. I didn't buy it, but sometimes it's just fun to try stuff on. I do that a lot:

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Enjoy your vacation. Stayvacations are the best ones!


*I hope you don't mind me saying this but I find your font hard to read* Just my opinion!

NellieGirl said...

Just started reading your blog. Congrats to you! You look fantastic! can't wait to read more

Lisa Mancini said...

YAY, glad things are going well for you. I REALLY want to see Bad Teacher. OH, and Grats on the skirt. Looks good.

Tara said...

I do have to say, I miss going to the drive-in in CT! I went to the Mansfield one a few times...I think two comedy films back to back would have made for a great night!