Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The importance of a schedule

Things are going well. I think that I overreacted a little bit when I saw 168.6 pounds on the scale on Saturday. But we'll just have to wait and see what the scale says THIS Saturday when I take my official weigh in.

I felt incredibly guilty about taking a rest day on Saturday from running. I have no idea why, but I did. However, on Sunday I ran 6 miles and it was wonderful. And Monday and today, I ran 4 miles. The humidity is pretty insane here, even at 6am but I've gotten through it.

After my run, the hubby and I went out to breakfast, like we always do on. I had a HUGE breakfast that I was unable to finish, of egg whites, red potatoes, wheat toast and some turkey. I love leaving food on my plate. I mean, I don't like wasting it, but I love not being able to finish everything. After breakfast we went up to Springfield, Mass, for the 2nd annual Indian Motorcycle day. It was really emotional for me. My Dad loved Indian Motorcycles and used to take me to Indian Motorcycle rally's all the time when I was little. I wish I had taken pictures, but it was really crowded. Hubby promised to take me back up to the museum when it isn't so busy so I can take pictures.

My vacation is over. And I'm back at work. It sucks, but it doesn't. I like it when I'm on a schedule with my eating. It keeps me sane. When I work I usually eat my breakfast, snacks and lunch around the same time. Unless something comes up (super busy, meetings, whatever) I like to have this schedule.

On the weekends I try to keep this same schedule. Again, it keeps me sane. And so when I'm on vacation, I try to do the same thing. Yes, I slept in last week or we were out and about running around doing things (the beach, the drive in) but I bring snacks with me. I learned a long time ago to be prepared. I am not a friendly person when I get hungry. Okay, I'm a big bitch when I get hungry. Cranky as a MOFO if you will. And when it's hot (like it is now) I'm even worse. So I try to bring water with me or as of late, I'm bringing along Powerade.

So, as much as I wish I was still on vacation, I'm glad to be back on a schedule. Because it's important.

And I haven't gotten back to the gym yet to start lifting weights. I'm working on it. Soon.

6 comments:

Kas said...

It's easy to get addicted to exercise and feel guilty when you miss a day. But don't stress! Everyone's body needs a break.

By the way, I've followed your blog for a while now and I wanted to say your before and after pictures are so inspiring!

carla said...

and the phrase IT KEEPS ME SANE is all the reason anyone should need.

xo

MizFit

christina said...

I havent read your blog in a while- what a difference! Last time I read it 2-3 miles was difficult for you and you are easily rocking a 6 mile. AWESOME! And you look great by the way!

Carolina John said...

Everybody needs a rest day once in a while. I take them - even in Ironman training. Take it, enjoy it, the next day's run will be faster and more fun.

Tara said...

I always feel guilty when I take a break too, but like others have already commented...our bodies NEED breaks sometimes!

Amy @ high-heel-mileage.tumblr.com said...

My last "break" lasted so long it's now a lifestyle. ;)

I think you're amazing. Your determination and love for your lifestyle constantly motivates me to try harder.

Also, I've missed blogging and reading your blog.

Are you scratching your head yet and thinking, "Who the hell is this?" I used to be pretty GLAM... ;)