Saturday, November 20, 2010

Feeling better

I think I'm on my way to becoming well again. Let me tell you, this cold knocked me on my ass.

I went home sick from work on Wednesday with the thought that I could sleep it off and get better for my Birthday. WRONG! Thursday I felt even worse. I'm sure hitting the gym both Wednesday and Thursday morning was probably not the best idea. But I did it anyway. So by the time I got home Thursday night, I was sneezing and coughing and so full of snot it wasn't even funny.

I stayed home sick Friday. I am feeling 80% better today, but I am still not 100%. I miss my workouts and I really want to get back to the gym. I almost went today but I thought it would be a bad idea. So I didn't.

But tomorrow I will be back at it. And I have to go into work and work a little bit because I feel terrible that I missed work. I know, I was sick and it's not my fault. But still. With Thanksgiving coming up we're closed and I'm off on Friday so that is more time I'll miss. So I'm going in tomorrow. And then I'll go in on Saturday, too.

I did have a nice Birthday. Work was great. I got balloons and flowers. And cake. But of course I had no desire to eat, so it was kind of a let down to not be able to enjoy the food. Haha!

I lost 2.4 pounds this week! I am now 178.6 pounds!! I can hardly believe it myself. It's crazy let me tell you. Last year on my Birthday I was 242 pounds. So, wow!!

I hate that I haven't moved much in the past couple of days, but I'll make up for it starting tomorrow. I need to. And my gym is open on Thanksgiving. I'll be there. 7am baby!!

Off to catch up on your blogs!!

5 comments:

Connie B said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Congrats on the loss this week! Quite an accomplishment when you look back at the same time last year!

Anonymous said...

You are doing AMAZING!!!!! Besides numbers on the scale, what differences have you noticed on the scale? I always like to hear the weird things that people notice while losing weight? Mine is that I've had to replace a lot of my rings, because my fingers have lost so much weight that they're all too big for me now...even my engagement ring!

karen said...

I hope you get feeling 100% again real soon! Even better? I hope you get feeling 150% ... if that's even possible :)

Phoenix said...

I am amazed how you keep putting up these big losses week after week! Outstanding! Hope you feel better soon. My cold has kicked my ass for 10 days now, it sucks.

Jess said...

Your weight loss is so impressive. Way to go.

I tagged you over at my blog.

Hope you are feeling better.
J