Monday, November 29, 2010

New Weight Watchers Program

We're all talking about it. Twitter is a buzz. The blog world is a buzz.

About what? The new Weight Watchers program which launched here in the US today.

I'm going to be honest here people. I'm confused as all hell. I just don't like it and I don't get it. I guess it's because I've been doing the old plan for 10+ years now and I've been doing fine with the old plan from that 7 years ago. The one that has helped me go from 242 in March of this year to 178 as of Saturday.

I don't know. I think if I do want to try this new program I'm going to have to go back to meetings and I don't know if I want that right now. I've done fine without it in my life and I can't really afford it right now. It's Christmas. The husband isn't working. You know all that stuff.

I don't know. And don't like how the point values have gone up on things. Yes, I know fruit is free and that is awesome for me because I eat fruit all the time. And I don't eat a lot of bread so it isn't a problem. And I don't eat a lot of pasta either so that isn't that a big of a deal. UGH!

I don't know. If I do go back to meetings (which is a big IF) it wouldn't be until Saturday because I love Beth the leader who does meetings then.

I have a lot to think about right now. We'll see. I think going back NOW would be better then after the New Year because I know what that is like. HELL. It's hell people. We'll see. I have a few days to consider it.

7 comments:

Deni said...

I have only been doing this 4 months, but I am confused as well. I don't get it either. But I have to keep telling myself that the those in the UK have been on the same thing (different name) for a while now and people like it.

My problem is I love PASTA and BREAD and I don't do a lot of fresh fruits and veggie - even though I like them....

I keep telling myself, I will try it, if it doesn't work I will work with my doctor on a diet and nutrition plan that I can follow.

Laurie said...

I heard about it on the National News today, to think it is THAT big of a thing, but it is. I am a WW flunky...do I don't I...story of my life. Good luck w/ your decision.

Carolina John said...

I haven't seen the details yet, but I know you should stick with what's working. Work it girl!

Phoenix said...

Ugh, sounds confusing. Stick with what works and you'll do fine.

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com said...

I have learned to do what works for me. If the old WW program is what works for you then stick with it. It's not how we get there just that we do.

carla said...

everyone IS talking about it if this nonWW person is in the know :)

I am pointing upward at Renea's comment and shouting heck yes to her last sentence.

(can you see me? :))


MizFIt

Q102Briand said...

Sarah, I am like you confused and have done well with the old program. The unlimited fruits and "most" vegetables scares me.

I am going to a meeting this Saturday morning and will fill you in. I also bought the new calculator this morning and now you put in in fiber, fat and carbs and protein.

Hope you are having a great day!

brian
Cincinnati