Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's about Healthy!!

Had a meeting in our corporate office this morning. I hadn't been there in 3 years. It was awesome only because people did not recognize me!! Woohoo!! And I got to wear my Gap dress that I bought in Arizona and it's baggy in places it was tight. And my hot knee high boots.

Really, isn't that all a girl needs? A pair of hot boots? I just want to wear them all the time.

Even though I had a rough day on Sunday and ate 2 pieces of the frozen pizza my husband had made for himself, I am so over that. Why? Because I don't care. One day is not going to make me gain back 100 pounds. I went to the gym Sunday. I went to the gym today. I'm feeling great. It was one day and it's not going to break me because I won't let it. I'm human and I am allowed to make mistakes now and then. So if I gain this week, I gain. The scale does not rule me. I rule me. And I have lost 60+ pounds since March. Last year at this time I was 240 pounds. I was wearing a size 20 pant. I was not wearing dresses from the Gap. I was not wearing hot boots. I was not feeling amazing. I was not happy.

2 pieces of frozen pizza are not going to make all my hard work collapse.

Keep that in mind my friends!! You are all worth more then a number on the scale. No matter WHAT you weigh. 150 pounds, 350 pounds, 190 pounds. It doesn't matter. We are all trying to achieve the same goal and that is to be HEALTHY!!

I do think that after the new year I might change the name of my blog. Because this journey did start out about me wanting to get into my size 8 jeans again, but now it's more then that. I'm running again. I'm healthy again. So we'll see. The husband joked that I'm 3/4 of the way to Skinny which I thought was a cool name but I don't want "skinny" in the name either. Because it's not about that either.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

love your enthusiasm. how about a picture in your dress and boots, i bet you look awesome.
also nice to hear you say we are all ok, where ever we are

jesseybell said...

So cool people didn't recognize you and yeah for boots - I can't wait to be able to buy boots!