Monday, November 1, 2010

Trail running and I forgot my socks

Sunday I kind of lost myself. I ate. A LOT. Of crap. No, not Halloween candy. Actually I didn't eat any Halloween candy this year. But I just ate a lot of junk. And I swear I'm still full tonight. I woke up with the worst stomachache this morning.

But you know what? I picked myself up, dusted myself off and moved on. I know it's not the end of the world and I know it's going to happen. This hasn't happened to me in a very long time either. I'm not what caused it. I think it has a lot to do with how hard I've been pushing myself lately. I've been pushing myself really hard and I was pretty burnt out when I went to the gym on Sunday.

However. That being said after work tonight I hit the trails in my town for my first outside run. And let me tell you, running outside is a lot different then on a treadmill. And harder. And I didn't run that much. And I forgot my socks. So I was doing it just sneakers. My hubby actually went with me. He doesn't work out AT ALL so he couldn't run much but I was really surprised when he asked if he could come with me.

I enjoyed it though. Running outside. So I do plan to do it again and soon. But for now I will get back to the gym tomorrow and work on my treadmill running.

And for the record, I lost 1.2 pounds last week. Not sure if I will lose anything this week after yesterday but it's no biggie.

2 comments:

karen said...

I'm still amazed at the body snatching of your hubs. Do you think he realizes what a huge deal that is?

Pam said...

WOW! Awesome and even without your socks! :) High five the hubs for me, what an amazing support! :)