Monday, November 15, 2010

Half Marathon

So... I kinda sorta threw my name into a lottery for a half marathon. In March.

A little scared. A little nervous. Not going to lie about it. I mean, right now I'm running 16 minutes which isn't even 2 miles. Am I going to be ready for a HALF MARATHON in 4 months?

Someone convinced me I can do it. I thought about it and thought about it and THOUGHT ABOUT IT all day. And I know I can do. So if I get picked, I will be ready. Starting tomorrow I'm going to really put my all into it.

And, Kelly, if I get picked, you had better get picked to. Because I don't want to do it alone!!

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

You can absolutely do this, I promise! Let's cross our fingers tonight when we go to bed that when we wake up and check our status it says "accepted!"

Carolina John said...

Yes, you can do it. Go for it. If you don't get into that one, there are plenty of halfs this time of year. Get into one. you won't regret it!

christina said...

You can totally do it! I went from NO running to half marathon in about that time and LOVED my first half marathon experience soooo much that I decided this march I will do a full.

Do you have a running schedule? A 12 week plan is what kept me going... made it a no brainer.

If you have questions - want to chat - complain ect feel free to email me :)
Christina.savage@ymail.com

Anonymous said...

You totally can do it! What an awesome goal to have!

Willpower said...

Hal Higdon has some tips that I am following to get to a 10K go see what he says. You can do anything one step at a time. http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm

JaceyRight said...

I did the same thing. I applied on a whim in september.

I came back from vacation today thinking I'd find out if I was accepted. The wait is kinda driving me crazy. If I get in I need to start training pronto as I have only run a little over 6 miles at this point.