Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Day After Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday! I know that I did. I started my day off right and hit the gym when they opened at 7am. My running hasn't been the best lately. Ever since I got sick I've been struggling with it. Not sure why. I think I might still be recovering because my ears have been clogged. But I did 90 minutes of cardio. I know, I know, it's a lot but I wanted to make sure I could enjoy my day without guilt.

Which I did.

Not that I totally pigged out because I don't feel like I did. I ate a healthy breakfast before we left. I had my usual of oatmeal and strawberries. But I didn't really worry about what I put on my plate. I had turkey, stuffing, corn, etc. All the usual holiday food. But I didn't go overboard with my portion side. My issues are always bread and dessert. And since I made some desserts I was able to enjoy it. The pumpkin pie I made was healthy enough. With egg whites and stevia. I made this cheesecake that I knew I couldn't touch because I put cinnamon in the crust. And the pumpkin and apple pie that my sister had bought had cinnamon in them so I couldn't eat those either.

But the best part of the holiday was just spending the day with my family. And seeing my nephew. He came home from rehab on Tuesday and he really looks good. He has this massive beard that I think is so funny. I was helping him as much as I could. Pushing in the wheelchair and getting him food and stuff. Yes, he can push himself and stuff, but I wanted to help him. I'm the Aunt, I can do that. After we ate, my sister (his Mom) and I packed up this huge basket of food for his girlfriend that he took to her later on. She is still in rehab and will be there for another couple months.

Today I'm glad I don't have to work. Glad I don't have to deal with traffic. Because I'm sure it's nuts. And even though my allergies are out of control (both of my eyes are swollen) I'm in a pretty decent mood. I'm back on track with my healthy eating and I'll be back to the gym tomorrow.

Hard to believe Christmas is less then a month away now. I'm so not ready.

No comments: