Sunday, August 12, 2012

20 pounds

I've decided that yes, I want to have a baby. But not until I lose some of the weight I have gained back.  The husband is fully aware of this and he understands why I want to do it. He knows that I want be at my healthiest when I get pregnant.

So, I am going to try and lose 20 pounds before I get pregnant. By Christmas. If I don't lose 20 pounds, we're going to continue to try and get pregnant anyway.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to start posting every single day. My food. My exercise. EVERYTHING.

20 pounds is not a lot and I can totally do it.

I forgot to mention I've been sick again. I think it's bronchitis. It feels like it. After having it 2 times within the past year, I know it hurts like hell when you cough. Good thing I am going to the doctor tomorrow.

Have you ever had bronchitis? 

Did you try and lose weight before you got pregnant? Or did you just get pregnant and worry about it later?

6 comments:

Food Coma said...

Keep in mind you can/will continue to be healthy while pregnant which will curb your weight gain. Many people end up losing weight once the baby is out. I gained under 30lbs while pregnant, with gestational diabetes, and had a very healthy 7 lb baby boy. Don't let losing weight be the focus but rather be healthy because that is something you can truly keep focused on while pregnant and beyond! Good luck <3

Mrs. Tasha said...

congrats! I'm the same way. I'm getting ready to start trying with my husband, but I also want to be as healthy as I can, especially since health issues are big in my family. You should check out my AdvoCare website to help get you started!

www.advocare.com/120612559

AdvoCare has helped me drop 25 pounds and over 22 inches since I started. Let me know if you have any questions about it :)

Mrs. S. said...

I was already bigger when I got pregnant, I think 218ish both times. And I only gained the requisite 25 pounds with each. (LUCKILY!!) But I will say something about pregnancy makes me super active, I walked and swam through both pregnancies. Too bad that motivation didn't last after! But seriously do what is best for you, pregnancy does put a lot of strain your body and wanting to be your at your healthiest is a wonderful plan.

Daisy R said...

I feel the same way and also want to lose weight before getting married and getting pregnant. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Carolina John said...

I tried to lose weight before starting the Ironman training plan. It still had a set date when I needed to have a specific number of pounds gone. Kelley didn't start losing weight until after we were done having kids.

ThunderThighs said...

I've heard the healthier and more fit you are, the easier pregnancy and labor/delivery are. Do what you feel is right and go for it! Good luck!!