Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's all fun and games until someone gets a UTI

Monday morning I was opening the window in the living room and I twisted the wrong way.

 Some of you already know that I have a back problem and I go to see a Chiropractor every week. I haven't had any issues since I started in 2011 except for a few times I twisted funny, slept on the couch or wrapped Christmas presents on the floor.

So, I felt the pain and thought "Shit, that didn't feel good." But I was able to work all day and hit the gym after, so I figured it was nothing and the pain would go away after I saw my Chiropractor.

Monday night I probably got about 2 hours of sleep. Everything hurt when I tried to sleep. My back. My hips. My legs. It was awful. But, I went to work on Tuesday figuring all I needed was my Chiropractor and it would be fine. I spent most of the day waddling around the office when I had to move. I saw my Chiropractor, she did my adjustment and I felt better.

I spent Tuesday night finishing up season 2 of "Game of Thrones" (OMG! Best show ever!!) and my back started to feel so much better.

Until bed. I couldn't sleep. Everything hurt. I was a wreck. I cried. I felt sick to my stomach. I was sweating. And I couldn't seem to stop going to the bathroom every 20 minutes. I was miserable. Finally, at 4am I decided I needed to go to the Emergency Room.

I have a UTI and a pulled muscle. Don't even ask me about the UTI because I have no clue how I got that. But they sent me home with a muscle relaxer, an antibiotic and Vicodin. I slept from 7am-9am, got up and felt better. My back was no longer sore. I got up, poked around on the computer and watched some Olympics. I went back to bed at 11am and slept until 1pm. Again, got up, ate some lunch, took a shower and went back to sleep at 3pm.

I've been up since 5:30pm and I know I'll be gong to bed soon for the rest of the evening. But, at least I know I will and can sleep without being in excruciating pain.

My eating was awesome until this morning. I had a yogurt when I got back from the ER because I needed to eat something with the medication. I had a Rice Crispie treat when I got up the first time and had a grilled cheese for lunch. When I got up last, I had 2 bowls of cereal. Not great, but not bad. And I've been drinking tons of water. I really could use some juice, so the husband is going to bring me some on the way home.

Speaking of the husband, he drove me to the ER and stayed with me. After that, he brought me home, and went back out to fill my prescriptions. I had all 3 cats taking care of me, so until he gets home (he has a long day today and won't be home until probably 9pm) I have my kitty doctors to help me feel better.

Speaking of my kitties:

Happy Birthday to this little lady, Cynnamon,  who turns 16 today. I found her in a barn near my sisters house and saved her life. She was dirty, her eyes closed shut with dirt and junk and covered in fleas. But I took her home, cleaned her up and bottle fed her. She returned the favor by turning all her affections towards my husband. She is a true Daddy's Girl for sure.

2 comments:

Treesa said...

your are a cat fan too!! i am OBSESSED with my cat... i seriously can't get enough of her and wondered how i would ever love a baby more than her... i'd say they are tied at this point!

Treesa said...

and I am so glad you are on the mend! :)