Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 1

Today was the first time in a long time that I felt in control.

I got up, I went to the gym, I worked out, I went to work, I ate healthy, I counted my calories.

You get the idea, right? I'm trying the calorie counting thing for the time being. It's just what I want to do.

It was great to hit the gym for the first time in over a week. I had a tough, yet awesome, 3 mile run and 30 minutes of weights.  I know I'll feel it tomorrow or probably even Wednesday.

I didn't take pictures of my food because in all honesty that isn't my thing. And I am really boring with my food. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day (oatmeal) and it would have been a plastic container for lunch. Nothing fancy or too excting.

I'm feeling better. Things are alright today.

My bathing suit came today that I ordered online. It actually fits and looks alright. I'm not a size 10 or 160 pounds like I was last year, but I'm not 250 pounds like I was only a few years ago. If we were going to Florida and I was 250 pounds, I wouldn't be bringing a bathing suit.

Things are are all right today.


What did you do that made you feel good today?
When was the last time you wore a bathing suit?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to feeling in control!

I know what you mean-- I've felt off the rails for a while now-- in the last week, I've finally started to feel back in control. It's a great feeling.

I'm counting calories for the time being, as well. Every time I try to log my stuff in the WW tracker, it gives me the "We couldn't save your info-- if this continues contact customer service." Um... no. Y'all's customer service is a major pain in the butt. I'll just use Livestrong's calorie counter. They've got more of the foods I eat, anyway. LOL

Carolina John said...

Have you ever used trainingpeaks.com? You can enter your food and workouts so it can calculate a lot of the calorie counting for you and still give you plenty of output. Graphs, etc on how you're doing on the day. great site. Great start!