Sunday, August 12, 2012

A little time

Over the past couple of weeks I have become lazy. I haven't been working out very much. In fact, I think I may have worked out 4 or 5 times in the past month. I can't explain it. It is what it is. It happens. You fall off the wagon. You eat like crap. And you hope that you'll get that mojo back again.

I have no one to blame but myself. I have to stop thinking "Last year I was a size 10 and I looked and felt great" because that really isn't getting me anywhere.  It just makes me feel worse.

I have managed to lose 5 pounds. I was in a danger zone and I think that snapped me back to attention.

But, I just can't seem to get up and go to the gym. I can't seem to go afterwards either. My eating is alright during the week, but on the weekends it is horrible. 

I wish that someone could reach through their computer and slap me around and remind me why I did this in the first place.

I ran yesterday for the first time in a week and it was brutal. Not just because of the humidity, but because I haven't been running on a regular basis. I ran 3 miles last week and I think 6 the week before. So, you can see where this is going. I don't workout enough. It's starting to take a toll on me. I can't expect to be able to run if I don't keep it up.

I miss being in shape and I miss working out.

Every night before I go to bed I pack my gym bag, set my alarm and say "Tomorrow I'm going to the gym." And I don't go when the alarm goes off. I reset it and go back to bed. I'm so tired lately. I can't figure out why.

I'll get there. I just need time.

1 comment:

Cowgirl Warrior said...

I just wrote about pretty much the same thing. You got this, when you're ready