Thursday, September 27, 2012

This is hard

I've been trying to figure out how to write this post. It's a hard post to write. I've been telling myself I was going to write this blog all week.

Suzi wrote about it.

Jen wrote about it.

It started back in April when I took out my summer clothes for our trip to Texas and nothing fit. My capri pants were too small. My dresses were too snug. My tank tops too tight. I thought, well, it's not that bad. I've gained 15 pounds, I can go on vacation and when I get back, I'll lose it.

When our vacation rolled around for Florida in August, I'd be fine. I'd have lost the 15 pounds and be back at 160 pounds, a comfortable weight.  Just keep eating healthy, counting your points and running. You'll get back to wear you want to be.


In June, the husband and I decided we were going to try and have a baby. We were ready and it just felt right. I was pretty excited and started planning all the fun things I was going to do to the spare room. However, after a couple months of trying, I decided that I wanted to put that idea on hold because of my weight gain.


If you haven't noticed, and you may not have, I didn't post any pictures from my picture to Texas. I posted some on Facebook, but not a lot. I wasn't too comfortable with myself at that point, even though being 175 pounds wasn't as bad as uncomfortable as when we went to Florida in August. I hated every single picture that was taken of me on that trip and I won't be posting any of those pictures any time soon.


That is when I knew I had gained enough weight to start becoming ashamed of myself again.


2012 has not been the stellar year I had hoped it would be for me weight wise. I had hoped to get down to 150 pounds, but that didn't happen. I thought I would try other things that might help me reach that goal. I struggled. I've been a bad blogger and there is no excuse for that. I kept telling myself, you have time, you have time.

But, I clearly did not have time. Those 15 pounds I had quickly turned into 20 and those 20 turned into 25. And as of this morning they were 32. 31.8 to be exact.

I weigh 191.8 pounds. I've gone up and down over the past couple of months or so. I've seen 187. I've seen 194. But, I always seem to stay between those numbers.

I blame me. I can't blame anyone else. It's my fault for eating half a cake some nights. Or drinking too much. Or two (or more) sleeves of cookies. All in the same night.

I know what works for me to lose weight. It's Weight Watchers. Counting my points and working out 4-5 days a week. That is what works. I can't keep trying other things when they don't work.

I just want to lose 10-15 pounds at this point so that when we go to New Orleans in December I'll feel a little more comfortable. And so that in January we can start trying to have a baby again. I'll worry about the rest of the weight after the pregnancy.

I am going to start blogger more. I promise!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

<3 We all bounce. It's time to come back down. Totally possible. And yeah... you want to be in the best shape possible before you have a baby...

Pinky said...

I understand Sarah. I've been through it. No one who cares about you is judging you. Whatever the gain is, whatever your new starting point, the most important thing is that you do restart. We support you 100%!!!!

jesseybell said...

I hear you.

In 2010 I went from 221 to 185 and now am at 231 :(

I tried to lose weight before having kids and I couldn't do it. I was 206 when I got pregnant both times - 1 time I went up to 249 and the other time 231. Yeah, so now i weigh as much as I did 9 month pregnant :(

I am ready for a restart too -I just had to go buy bigger clothes. How horrible.

I'll be here to support you!