Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm baaaaaaack!!

Did you miss me?

Florida was great. I had fun. Would I go again? Yes. But I wouldn't drive. It was a very loooong drive to Florida. The hubby thought he could do it all in one day. Which didn't happen. After about 10 hours on the road we had to stop and find a hotel. We got to Florida around 1am on Sunday morning (that would be the 26th of August).

On the way way down we were side tracked for about 3 hours in North Carolina because of a flooded highway. That was fun. And about an hour away from our hotel in Tampa we almost died. No, I did you not. We were on a 2 lane highway and it was dark. There were no lights just the cars and there was a car in the middle of the two lanes. We almost slammed right into it. It looked like it had been in an accident except there wasn't another car there, so maybe they fell asleep and hit something? What I don't know.  It was a little scary.

I have never seen so many Waffle Houses or Cracker Barrel restaurants in my life. We don't have Waffle Houses here in Connecticut which saddens me. I wanted to eat at one, but never had the chance.  I did eat at a Perkins though and had the best Belgian waffle ever!!

It's a bit humid in Florida. Connecticut gets hot and humid, but Florida? WOW! It's always fun to be smacked in the face with humidity when you walk out of your hotel room every day.

We hit up Universal Studios thanks to the hubby's cousin who works there. I almost peed my pants on the Harry Potter ride. Seriously. I'm not a fan of heights and swore I thought I was going to fall (I hear you laughing and I don't like it at all).

We visit with the hubby's family. That was nice. It made me homesick for my cats while we visited with one of his Uncles because he and his girlfriend had cats. They were so sweet and I missed my babies so very much. Luckily  my sister took very good care of them while we were gone.

Our last full day in Florida, Friday, we went to Disney. I was so excited because I have always wanted to go. All I wanted to do was find Eeyore and have my picture taken with him. Unfortunately, we read that Eeyore wouldn't be making any appearances that day. I was bummed, but was going to enjoy myself anyway. We got to the park in time for it to open. Around 10am we decided to get some breakfast. As we waited in line at the buffet, I noticed that it looked like Piglet was in the restaurant. And so was Tigger. That was when I noticed Eeyore! I kid you not, I totally started jumping up and down with excitement. It turns out they have a Winnie-the-Pooh breakfast every day at this restaurant. I got my picture with Eeyore, Pooh, Piglet and Tigger. My lucky day I guess. I'm just a kid at heart. We spent all day at Disney. The last ride did us both in. It was one of those simulated rides and it left us both sick to our stomachs. I can't handle anything that spins or goes upside down (which means no roller-coasters for me, although I did go on Space Mountain) . This one left me wanting to puke my guts out. And the husband, too.

We were both sun burnt and exhausted and ready to go back to the hotel. We needed to pack up and get ready to leave the next day.

There were so many things I didn't get to do. I didn't get to meet up with my friend who lives in Daytona or my friend that lives in North Carolina. I never stepped foot in any gym and I didn't work out for 10 days. I ate whatever I wanted and drank whatever I wanted. We had a bad experience at one hotel that had us running out of there at 2 in the morning and left us washing and drying out clothes at a laundromat and buying new luggage (can you even guess what might have caused that?). I saw my first and hopefully last centipede which freaked me the hell out (anything with that many legs cannot be trusted). I made sure to hit up the Super Target. A lot (why is there not a Super Target near me??). I finished book one in the Game of Thrones series and started the second one (those books are so good but so detailed). The husband and I had a great time together and didn't fight at all which is a miracle within in itself.

I lost 7 pounds the week before we left. And I gained them all back while I was on vacation. But, like I said, I ate and drank whatever I wanted and I didn't workout at all. But it was vacation and now I'm back and I'm back on track with my eating and exercise. I'm looking forward to New Orleans in December and the fact that there won't be any driving to this location.

I'm glad to be back on my schedule again. Vacation really messes with my system. I'm a pretty "regular" person, if you know what I mean. My body likes to eat healthy and when I don't do that it lets me know how upset it is. When I go a couple days without being regular...I get uncomfortable and unhappy and I don't like that.

I'm also glad to be back at work. As crazy and hectic it is, I miss that madhouse when I'm not there.

Now I'm off to catch up on everyone else and see what I missed.

3 comments:

Carolina John said...

vacation messes me up pretty good too. I like to be in the routine.

I guess you guys drove straight down I-95 the whole way? That is really really long. 95 sucks. You can't plan on driving more than about 12 or 13 hours in one day even if you split the time behind the wheel. Took us 13 hours to drive from Raleigh to Panama City Beach FL for the ironman last year and i remembered how much I hated those long drive trips.

Treesa said...

welcome back!! i always do AWFUL on vacation... in my mind i take a vacation from everything including my diet!! :)

Lovebug6100 said...

Hi...I just found your blog. I live in CT too....saw your profile and it looks like we have some things in common....I'm going to keep reading =) Glad you had a nice vacation!