Monday, September 7, 2009

Fair food

Hubby suggested that we head over this a local fair that is a few towns over from us. I thought why not? We wanted to get out of the house for a few hours.

OMG! There was so much FOOD! Do you know how hard it is for someone who trying to watch what they eat when there is food EVERYWHERE! WOW! It's disgusting to be honest. No wonder why we are all so over weight in America. Let me see if I can remember what I saw: fried dough, soft serve ice cream, strawberry shortcake, apple crisp, hot dogs, turkey legs, pork chops, fried chicken, Italian sausage, donuts, hamburgers, grinders (or subs as some of you call them), salads (okay an attempt to be healthy but I didn't see anyone eating these people!!), ice cream sundaes, pizza, egg rolls, Thia food and I'm sure there is some food I can't think of right now.

But you know what? I didn't eat ANY OF IT! And I love strawberry shortcake. And fried dough. I had a bottled water.

We had a blast. We walked around for 2 hours so I'm happy to burn off extra calories. We saw some super cute animals (I love me some animals), a new born baby calf and a cow about to give birth (I wanted to stay and watch but we didn't), lots of cute little crafty things I didn't need to buy and didn't, and just had fun. It was nice to get out and DO SOMETHING on a beautiful day.

Now I'm going to eat dinner because I only had 5 points all day and didn't realize that until the drive home and wondered why I was starving.

Back to work tomorrow but it's only a 4 day work week!

4 comments:

thewwchick said...

S, I know exactly what you mean about being disgusted with the food around you. I felt that way on vacation this summer. Watching people eat the disgusting food made me feel even MORE disgusted. I'm at a loss as to where this feeling comes from. I can't help but think of a time when I used to overeat on a regular basis, and then switch gears to think of all the people without any food at all at that exact moment in time.

Melissa said...

Good for you!! Situations like that are the hardest for me because I really like that kind of stuff.
It is disgusting really though.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

wow! Awesome self control!

Laura said...

I've never been to a fair, but I've heard a ton about how unhealthy they were. Your description sounds so tough to resist! Kudos for doing so... I don't know if I could be as strong :)