Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Job stuff

They fire 2 people in my department today.

There were 3 of us in my department.

Now there is just 1. Me. I am the only 1 left.

One of those people they fired was my sister. I am so upset. I didn't want her to lose her job. Pretty upset about it. She was there for a little over 2 years. I helped her get the job. I've been at this job for nearly 9 years (it will be 9 years next month).

The other person that was let go was the back-stabbing coworker that has been causing me to look for a new job.

I'm pretty stunned to say the least.

No plans to replace either one of them at this point in time so I'm going to be it.

I am flattered that they decided to keep me. Yes I have been there the longest. But that doesn't mean anything.

So I have a lot on my plate right now.

Probably going to be really stressed at work right now.

But I still have a job.

Which says something.

3 comments:

Honey B. said...

Wow. In this economy you just have to be grateful for being able to keep your job, but still- changes like that are enough to drive you to drink!

gayle said...

I am so sorry about your sister!! Did they say why??

sarah said...

It was a "business" thing.