Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mom Jeans

So I had to say goodbye to Mom last night. Her flight leaves today and I'm sad to see her go. Of course I didn't spend as much time as I wanted to, but she has 3 daughters to visit, friends and other family to visit with in a 3 week time period. It's kind of hard.

However the hubby and I are hoping to go visit her next year. We've only been once and that was 5 years ago. We had a total blast and there is so much to do out there.

Remember those Eddie Bauer jeans that a friend gave me? The ones I've been trying to get into for a few months? Well they fit now (HOLLA!!) but they kind of look like "Mom Jeans" so I'm not going to ever wear them. Ha ha. So after all that I am going to donate them with some other bigger clothes I won't be wearing. I just wanted to be able to say I am wearing a pair of Eddie Bauer pants anyway so it's not a big deal.

I'm feeling better now. I didn't have an appetite for 2 days but it's back today. My stomach is growling.

It's 65 degrees here today. I can handle that. It may be raining but it's not snow and I can handle that.

4 comments:

Carolina John said...

it's cool that your mom got to come up for 3 weeks.

Nikki Bond said...

Hi!

I found your blog randomly and totally laughed at the title. I always feel like I'm wearing mom jeans because I like them to cover the love handles! I'm hoping that when I get a bit skinnier I won't have to worry to much about that. :)
I just started my blog and just thought I'd say hi!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good visit with your Mom. It must be so hard living far away from her, I can't imagine not being a short drive away from mine. I'm such a mommy's girl though, LOL.

That is awesome that you fit in the jeans, even if they're not in style. ;)

gayle said...

Sounds like you are feeling much better.. I got on the scales and gain 2...I guess I should go back to weight watchers but I want to lose the 20 I gained first,,,how dumb is that!