Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life is busy but great!!

First off thank you all for the wonderful comments. I still can't believe I'm back to having 100 pounds. I feel like I need someone to pinch me.

I haven't updated this week because well I just feel like I don't have anything to say. Things are going really well. I'm running. Or working on running. So far I'm up to 3 1/2 minutes. I know it's not much but it's better then nothing. Considering last week I wasn't running at all. I know I could do the couch to 5K but I really don't LIKE that program. To me it just doesn't work. So I go to the gym and hope on the treadmill and warm up for 5 minutes. Then I run for as long as I can. First day it was 2 minutes. Then I had to stop and walk. Then the next day I did 2 1/2 minutes. And so on. So maybe tomorrow it will be 4 minutes. Or Saturday. Depending on if I go tomorrow or not. I'm also trying to do more weights so I can start toning up my stomach. It's so flabby!!

And work is crazy. I've been back for a week and I'm still trying to get everything straightened out.

I have a busy weekend planned. Tomorrow night is Roger Waters: The Wall in concert. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The Wall is my favorite album! And then Saturday night we are going to Jim Norton. He's this really funny comedian. I have to squeeze in work and exercise on Saturday. Plus there is a healthy/wellness seminar that I want to go to that is free. It's Saturday and Sunday but I don't know if I will make it.

But I wanted to do a quick update!

Muah!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great job!! You've inspired me to workout tomorrow!!! :)

-Hope
dreamingmommy.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Congrats on the 100lbs! (i don't know if I said already, since I've been MIA from blogs... oops) Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Hope you have a great time!

Laurie said...

I'm new to you. Struggling with bingeing, but inspired by your journey.
I shall be back.

Pinky said...

C25K isn't for everyone, but I have to say that is what worked for me. I think I get what may not work for you though - I found especially in the beginning that it was boring and silly to only run for a couple of minutes and then walk and then repeat. But at a certain point, when you jump from 8.5 to 20 it all makes sense! And I also didn't finish the program, Sarah - I decided near the end that if I was already going for 25 I could do 30. So I just did it. I never finished week 8 so I never started week 9. And I turned out OK ;-) The point is you are going for it, testing your boundaries and seeing how far/long you can go and that's a GOOD thing!

Roger Waters the Wall is coming here too!! How was it?? Hubs really wants to go, not sure we'll make it though (€€€€).