Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No catchy title here

My nephew is going to be okay. He is going to require rehab once he is out of the hospital, but he is okay. He was moved out of ICU on Sunday and is now driving the nurses insane. I am not kidding. At 23 years old, he still can be a handful. His girlfriend is also healing. She is going to require more surgery, but it looks as if she is going to be okay, too. We don't know for sure yet if that is 100% but that is the way it is looking.

Thank you all again for your kind words. It was a very scary situation for everyone and my sister was such a basketcase. But she is doing much better now. Plus with Mom coming on Thursday I think she is relaxing a little bit now.

On the weight loss front, I lost 0.4 last week. Yep, 0.4. And I'm cool with that. I don't think I ate enough with all the exercise I put in. I hit the gym 5 times. Which is a lot. And now that I'm running again, I know I need to eat more. But every time I have small loss, I take my measurements. And I was happy to see that I lost an inch off my chest, an inch of my waist, an inch of my hips, an inch and half off both arms and an inch off both thighs. So that is pretty good. Not to mention:
I was able to buy boots that fit over my MONSTER calves. I haven't actually warn them yet.

AND on top of that, I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans that fit. I should have bought them, but these boots were way more important to me. Haha.

We went up to Salem on Saturday night and had a great time. It was packed! But Halloween is my favorite time of the year so it was fun to see everything. We went to the House of Seven Gables and I have to say I was never happier to have lost weight. They had us go up the servant stairs and they were so small and narrow...I don't think I could have fit up there if I was 250+pounds. I KNOW I couldn't have.

And on the running front, I'm up to 10 minutes now. I did hit 10 minutes yesterday and did that again today. I'm going to work with that for a couple days and then push forward. Connecticut has had some great weather these past couple of days, too, but it has made for some hot and sweaty gym mornings.

I'm off to catch up on what all of YOU have been up to.

3 comments:

christina said...

The boots are rocking - I dont think I could get them over my calves... You would think losting almost 50lbs would make them smaller - not so much!

Glad to hear that your nephew is on the mend. I worked at shock trauma in Baltimore for several years - I know how frightening the unknown is.

Christina

http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news - I work in an ICU and I see way too many of those accidents go the other way. yay, yay, yay!!

Phoenix said...

Thank goodness they will be okay. That's great news. You look wonderful, my dear!!!