Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Having no power made me cranky

I woke up on Sunday morning to a foot of snow and no power. I was cold, I was cranky and I felt like crap.

I'm beginning to think this bronchitis is never going to go away.

By 2pm both the husband and I had taken ice cold showers and decided to head out into town and see what was going on. We cleaned off my car and drove off. HOLY CROW! Power lines and trees and branches EVERY WHERE!! It's no joke!! No wonder we didn't have power. We ended up driving up to Massachusetts to get dinner and fill up the gas tank.

I was cranky. I don't do well without power. I don't enjoy camping much, so you can see why that makes me upset. I was so mean and nasty to my husband. I shouldn't have taken it out on him. It's not like he went outside and knocked the power lines down.

By the way, my eating? Not so good on Sunday. I ate whatever I wanted. Which wasn't pretty. Cheeseburger, french fries, ice cream, candy. You get the picture, right? Ah well. What can you do?

I froze all night on Sunday. No heat and 20 degree weather makes for unpleasant sleeping weather. Took another cold shower on Monday morning and went on day two without coffee as I headed to work. Work? Also without power. We sat around for a bit, cleaning up from moving stuff around on Friday, before we were shipped off to one of our offices that was open and had power.

I drank coffee all day there. I was so ready for it. And it was warm. So warm.

When I came home from work my power was back on. I am not kidding you when I tell you I CRIED! I was so happy, I dropped my stuff and cried. It was one of the best things I have seen in a long time. I feel so bad for people who are still without power here in Connecticut and are going to be for awhile.

Work is still without power and I don't mid going to the other office, but the drive is a pain.

I'm also still sick. I feel terrible. I went back to the doctor today and she gave me a nebulizer treatment while I was there and that cleared me right up. But she also gave me a prescription for an anti-biotic. I have to get it filled but nothing is open around here right now. She wants me to call back on Friday and if I'm still wheezing, I have to go for a chest xray. They are afraid it might be pneumonia. Fun!!

I haven't run since my 10 miles on Saturday (which was supposed to be 13.1) but I'll get there. Having no power and being sick put a glitch in my training. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to it.

Off to catch up things. I didn't have much time last night.

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

I'm glad you got power back so fast! I can't believe we didn't lose it this time. Feel better :( this has been hanging around for awhile. Stress and sickness is not a good combo