Thursday, November 17, 2011

The one where I feel great!

Today my husband picked up my Bowflex on his lunch break. It's now in my garage. I'm so excited!! Cragslist...you have to LOVE it. Where else can you buy a $1500 item for $150? Seriously.

So he promises to get it up and ready for me this weekend so I can start using it. I'm thrilled beyond words. I mean, I don't even USE my gym membership anymore so once it expires in February, I'm golden. So I can workout at home. I'm one of those people that just likes to do that.

And as for my running? It's good. Except I really don't think I'll be running 26.2 miles in January. I want to start training for that again, but it won't be until after my Mom is gone. That bronchitis really knocked me out. So, I think in January I'll start the training again and pick a date for the treadmill marathon. I'll update on that again when I figure it out. I mean, how do I tell me my Mom...oh hey, I'm running 18 miles on your 70th Birthday, can you give me some time to nap? I mean, it's not every day your Mother turns 70, right?

Obviously, I'm feeling great. I may not have lost any weight (we'll find out tomorrow) but I don't even care. I went to my favorite consignment shop on lunch the other day and fit into a pair of 8 pants, some medium skirts and some cute medium sweaters. I didn't buy anything, but it felt good to try them on. I may go back for one of the skirts and sweater to wear for Thanksgiving if they are still there.

Plus, I think running 5 miles before work helps. I was in such a great mood all day and didn't care about anything. It's my job to be helpful and do things for people and I was happy to do that. Yesterday? Not so much. So I need to do that more.

It could also be because tomorrow is my Birthday. That helps to put me in a good mood. I'm a big believer in celebrating that.

I'm off to do some more cleaning to get ready for my Mom's visit. She'll be here in less than a month!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Size 8's?!! and medium!! That must feel AMAZING!! There's nothing better than putting on something cute and not 3x, huh? Keep it up. and congrats on the great buy. $150! yeehaw.

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Congrats on the bowflex!! And the pants!!

Unknown said...

Happy early birthday!! Hope it's wonderful :-)

Carolina John said...

Happy birthday! Now stop making excuses and run more! Do your long run the day before/after your mom's birthday. Don't let a little sickness take your focus off of the goal. You didn't lose that much fitness being under the weather. Do it!