Saturday, November 5, 2011

A slip up

So, to be completely honest, my eating has slipped. A lot. I haven't been eating 100% clean and I can tell. My clothes have felt tighter and just have felt off. I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact I've been sick with bronchitis for the past 3 1/2 weeks. But I just haven't felt like doing what I know is good for my body.

Or maybe it's because I would run 10 miles on a Saturday and decide it was okay to have pizza, ice cream and candy that night. Why not? I burned off 1,000 calories, right? That is going to stop. TODAY.

I have a friend, Heather, who has really inspired me to tone up. You can read her blog here or check out her facebook page here. She went from 157 pounds to 125 pounds from January to October. Now, I do not want to be 125 pounds. And I am happy being 160 pounds. But I really want to tone up and she looks fantastic. She also competed in a fitness competition, which I do not want to do. But I would love to have a stomach like that. And I have been talking back and forth with her about how she did it, what she did, etc.

Today I ran 4 miles and did 30 minutes of weights. I loved it. I forgot how awesome it feels after you do weights. How your muscles feel after. I want to continue that. I NEED to feel like I'm doing something good and healthy for my body again. After my workout, I had a protein shake which I know is important for my muscles. Something I sort of forgot about. I logged back into my bodybuilding.com account and I'm going to start using that again. It is really helpful and I'm going to use it for tips and help.

I'm totally excited about grocery shopping tonight so I can stock up on good food. The hubby needs to hurry up and get home. Ha!!

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Mmm, I love that noodle-y feeling! I'm glad you're on the mend! Don't beat yourself up about eating. Distance running is hard! I envy people who eat clean all the time, I sure don't have that discipline!

Carolina John said...

I have been digging into the halloween candy so much it's not right. Even after ironman it's just silly.