Monday, November 28, 2011

The one where I need more Starbucks in my life

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I started mine by getting up and running 5 miles. I told myself I wasn't going to eat too much.

Ha! Ha! Ha! That is always what I say. When I zipped my jeans up on Saturday they were a little snug. But, I had a great holiday. I went to my sisters in the morning for brunch and I was able to use self control there. I had some fruit and bagel and a couple pieces of bacon. But when I got to my husband's families? I lost all control. I don't know what happened. It doesn't matter. It's one day and one day is not going to make me gain back 100 pounds. But still. I felt bad about it on Friday so Thursday turned into Friday and that was two bad days. But Saturday was a new start. I didn't run on Friday either so that didn't help much.

However, I ran on Saturday. And after that the hubby and I cleaned up the garage and put the BowFlex together. You would NOT believe the things that thing can do. Seriously. I've only watched some of the DVD, but it really is a home gym. It can do almost everything I need it to do. I used it a little bit on Sunday after my run, but I really need to watch the rest of the DVD and get used to using it before I'll feel 100% comfortable with it. I haven't weighed myself since my Birthday. My jeans are no longer tight. I wore a pair today and they fight fine. So I'm sure whatever I did on Thanksgiving is gone already.

Craiglist. You can't go wrong with a $1,500 item for $150 bucks. Am I right?

I had a rough running weekend. I thought it was me, but now I know it's because my husband was leaving for New Orleans this morning. I would have gone, but since my Mom will be here in 2 weeks, I couldn't take the time off for both. And I haven't seen my Mom in over a year. I can survive without my husband for 6 days. I need to spend some time with my Mom while she is visiting. I took 4 days off so far. Luckily she'll be here around Christmas and New Years and I don't have to take off too much time since the holidays are weekends and we get the Monday after off. But anyway... I dropped my husband off at the airport this morning. It was hard. I will admit I cried just a little bit. I'm a weenie, what can I say? But I treated myself to a coffee from Starbucks. I haven't had one since I was in Arizona last October. There just not close enough to me. But I stopped on the way into work and it was such a treat. They have the best coffee. I need more Starbucks in my life.

I wish I had taken a photo of me in the dress I wore on Thanksgiving. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It's red and perfect. I'm sure I'll wear it again. And get a picture. It's just so nice. I haven't decided if I'm going to the holiday party at work yet, but if I do, I plan to wear it. So I can get a picture then.

I was supposed to go see "Breaking Dawn" with my sister and nephew's girlfriend. But, the girlfriend backed out. And the sis and I were both tired. So it didn't happen. Which is all fine by me. I'm tired. And didn't really feel up to it. I want to see the movie, but it can wait.

I'll be okay without the hubby. I'm a big girl. Luckily I have work in there and only 1 weekend day which I plan to clean and put up Christmas decorations.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

A well fitting red dress is always a good thing to have on hand. Sounds like you had a fun holiday!