Thursday, December 16, 2010

HOLY CRAP!!

So.... Do y'all remember a month ago when I threw my name into a lottery for a 1/2 marathon in NYC that is taking place March 20th, 2011?

I'm in. I got accepted. I'm running a half marathon. In like 3 months. HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP!!

I'm actually really excited about it, despite my nerves and the feeling of wanting to puke.

And I'm very excited that I get to run it with Kelly who is pretty damn awesome. She ran the NYC marathon last month. So. I'm not nearly that awesome. But still. I feel lucky that we get to do this together. She and I BOTH got accepted. My biggest fear was that I would get in and she wouldn't. I didn't want to do it alone.

So I have a lot of training ahead of me. Which I am sure means a lot of bitching and moaning and crying and being tired. But I get to run in NYC. And in Times Square! TIMES FREAKING SQUARE! Hello?!! And central park!! I've never even BEEN to these places. So I'm pretty excited.

I ran 3 miles today at the gym. I need to actually get outside and start training because I've never run outside. But I'll do it. I need to get some new sneakers. And I want to get myself a Garmin 305. Oh boy. I have so much to do. I'm a little freaked right now.

YIKES!!!

5 comments:

Phoenix said...

Calm down, take a breath, you're going to be FINE!!!! You're going to do a great job and it's going to be one of the best days of your life!! So excited for you!

Laurie said...

Very exciting, and I TOTALLY get the nerves thing. Ran a half on March 21 this year....I still get the agita when I think about it..but in NYC, should be GREAT.

Polly and her bum said...

Excellent work. Do you have to actually get accepted for these things! It must be very popular. 3 months in plenty of time. I don't get the mile world but if you can try and run at least 3 - 5 long runs (up to 2hrs) in the month before the event you will do fine.

Anonymous said...

WAAAHOOO!!! Congrats. That's so exciting! I'm so supremely jealous that you're going to NYC! I hope you have an amazing time.

I'm doing the Couch to 5K podcast right now. It's no half-marathon, but I'm still feeling the pain. We can do this!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it! xoxo

Rhi @ Hummingbird's Song said...

Congrats!!